Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

STOLEN!!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 07:05 AM

Default RE: STOLEN!!!!

that really sucks. i hope the guy gets what's coming to him.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:02 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

100 acres???? You really don't need to be marking stands with tape. It's an invitation to follow. If you feel you really have to, use some tacks and stop them when you get within 100 yards or so. Pick terrain features, openings, or something to follow. Why are you putting in stands in June? You're way early. And when you put them in I wouldn't be making trips in to sit in them to see what you can see. It creates a pattern and stink.

P.S. There is no such thing as a secret spot in 100 acres. LOL

P.P.S. Isn't it illegal to bait in Virginia???? Your minerals count as bait.
Im sure your intent is good, but the spot I mentioned is 100 acres of almost 300. This set of hardwoods is on the edge of one field that is roughly 30 acres of bedding, and the other side of the field is at least 250 acres. If you understood the layout of this piece...you would definately consider this a secret spot. The hnt clubs hunt the surrounding 900 acres, so yes...this is my secret spot, or should I say my sanctuary where deer go to escape the pressure of the hounds.

As far as putting up stands in June, call it boredom. No I dont plan on sitting in the stand eating peanut butter watching the surroundings. I have 6 otherstands that we are putting out this weekend so the deer will become acclimated to the surroundings. Im not going to wait until the last month to put stands up. Too much walking in deer country, and it also gives us opportunities to switch sites if need be.

I have one other hunting partner that will be hunting with me, and that was the reason I put the ribbons up. Once he knew where it was, the ribbons come off. The only entrance to the field, where the ribbons started is chained and padlocked, so I wasnt expecting joe blow to be looking at ribbons on a tree.

I may have contributed to my own loss, but still will have someones ass if I find them!

As far as baiting...mineral sites and corn feeders are considered baiting...if you hunt within 500 yards of them. It is simple to cover the minerals up, and the food plots (2 of them) are also consifdered baiting...if you hunt them. I have already spoken with the warden about what I can do and cant do. As a matter of fact he says I can keep the food plots as long as I add some turnips, corn, beens, and such that I can use for my own consumption. If its pure biologic, or simply clover...its a $2500 fine!
Old 06-03-2008, 08:33 AM

ya know...there are some real ass holes in this world