Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

STOLEN!!!!

Old 06-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default STOLEN!!!!

I went out on Saturday and put a bag of minerals, a brand new 20 ft ladder stand and a new moultrie. I always chain my ladders, and even had a smaller chain linked to my camera box.

I went back today to check my camera and sit for a spell this morning and all was gone! I first thought I was lost, and trekked for an hour, but the tree had the scrapes of the ladder stand, and my ribbon markers that marked the trail from the field were all gone as well.

I can only tell you that when, and if I find the stuff...someone is not going to be well enough to hunt this year. At least not able to walk, hold a gun, much less pull a bow back.

I have neighbors on the look out...wish me luck!
Old 06-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: STOLEN!!!!

That sucks, but it happens way to often. I hope you find the guy!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Somebody really needs a life if they have nothing better to do than to go tromping around the hot and muggy (at least in southern Illinois) woods to steal stuff this time of the year. I'm just thankful for the area whereI hunt. It turns out that my dad left a stand on my land that is only about60 yards from the road and is clearly visible, and no one has touched itsince last october.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Every hunters worst nightmare
Old 06-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Typical Buck

I guess my first mistake was putting up ribbons to mark the trail. It is a good 1/2 mile trek in the muck, briars, sapplings, etc. Someone must have followed my ribbon trail.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

That sucks! It is the reason I won't use obvious markers to my stands.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

That kind of stuff just gets under my skin, I hate a theif.....I haven't everhad any stands or cameras stolen but I have had trucks and other stuff like that....It makes me mad enough to do serious damage.....Sorry to hear bro,I know you just put that stuff out and were pretty excited....
Old 06-02-2008, 10:31 AM
Typical Buck

This stuff makes me sick.[:@]Let the headhunting begin.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Somebody really needs a life if they have nothing better to do than to go tromping around the hot and muggy (at least in southern Illinois) woods to steal stuff this time of the year. I'm just thankful for the area whereI hunt. It turns out that my dad left a stand on my land that is only about60 yards from the road and is clearly visible, and no one has touched itsince last october.
I wouldnt be able to trust people that much
Old 06-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Always my worst fear, too...

I went and retrieved my last stand yesterday sincemy lock had frozen up on it and I couldn't the lock to open right after season. I took af pair of bolt cutters with me and quickly discovered why my dad always told me "locks are for honest people"... I couldn't believe how easily I snapped the lock off and freed up my stand.

Quick Reply: STOLEN!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.