Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Killing/seeing deer in the middle of the day... >

Killing/seeing deer in the middle of the day...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Killing/seeing deer in the middle of the day...

Old 06-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Killing deer in the middle of the day...

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Look at it this way GMMAT, deer in general do and will get up off there beds to get a drink of water or a small snack to eat in that noon time area. All it takes is one hot doe to do this and the chase is on in the mid day hours.
I believe this to be fact Schultzy. Like I said before, I've read and believe, deer eat/drink about every 4 hours, give or take. Rut or not.Like GMMAT said earlier, this often happens right near their bedding spots.I've seen this first hand. Again, in Alberta (virtually no pressure) I've seen deer out in the middle of vast fields feeding at noon time, and pretty much every other time of day, for that matter. Again, these are ideal conditions though!
Old 06-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Killing/seeing deer in the middle of the day...

during the rut, i sit all day, just dress comfortable, and take something to eat.
i actually see a lot of deer mid day, especially because thats when everyone else bumps them to you when going to take a nap, eat, etc.

when its not the peak or close to it of the rut though, i normally sit till 11 or noon, then head back out around 2-2:30
Old 06-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

Never shot a deer midday but then again I've not hunted much at that time of day.

I have seen a couple ofnice bucks on a trailcam at midday but not very often, only 2 times that I can think of.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jackflap

We are some nerdy MFer's gents. It's Sunday morning and all we have is HNI and each other. It brings a tear to my eye. I think we are ready for the season.
I was surprised to see a staffer use implied profanity in a post until I saw your signature line. Now I am just disappointed.

Call me a prude or a hypocrite or whatever but there is a time and place for everything and a public forum read by young people along with women is not the correct venue. JMO
Great point, what he needs to learn, is how to speak for himself!
Old 06-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

We are some nerdy MFer's gents. It's Sunday morning and all we have is HNI and each other. It brings a tear to my eye. I think we are ready for the season.
I was surprised to see a staffer use implied profanity in a post until I saw your signature line. Now I am just disappointed.

Call me a prude or a hypocrite or whatever but there is a time and place for everything and a public forum read by young people along with women is not the correct venue. JMO
Now we are worried about implied profanity as if the youngsters in this forum have never heard the actual word that wasn't used? It is obvious that hunting season can't come soon enough for some of you if we are making a big deal out of MFers. Dang, I fell victim to using MFer[:@]
Old 06-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: racewayking

Now we are worried about implied profanity as if the youngsters in this forum have never heard the actual word that wasn't used? It is obvious that hunting season can't come soon enough for some of you if we are making a big deal out of MFers. Dang, I fell victim to using MFer[:@]
No real biggy.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

That doesn't make it right. What do you lower your standards because the season is a ways off?
What actually makes it wrong then? No improper words were used, you got your panties in a bunch over implied swearing. I'm sorry if you live in a prefect Utopia where there is nothing better to do than have a fit over implied usage of foul language but seriously, don't you have anything better to gripe about like Gas Prices or Rising Food Prices?
Old 06-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you're going to quote me, use the whole quote!
Old 06-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't even want to get on the second part that was left out, hahaha. I do not shoot the first one that I see. I have a spot that has a lot of deer like the one in your avatar and bigger so we shoot nothing under a solid 8 point 3.5 year old or older there. I have invited another forum user to hunt the spot with me this year, I'll have some great photos posted as the season gets closer. Oh, and I'll watch the F-Bombs to
Old 06-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't even want to get on the second part that was left out, hahaha. I do not shoot the first one that I see. I have a spot that has a lot of deer like the one in your avatar and bigger so we shoot nothing under a solid 8 point 3.5 year old or older there. I have invited another forum user to hunt the spot with me this year, I'll have some great photos posted as the season gets closer. Oh, and I'll watch the F-Bombs to
That was nothing more than a joke my friend.By the way, it's not hard to beat that avatar buck antler wise, but weight wise you'd be hard pressed to beat 300lbs, which he was. Check my profile.

Quick Reply: Killing/seeing deer in the middle of the day...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.