HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Killing/seeing deer in the middle of the day... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/247877-killing-seeing-deer-middle-day.html)

buckmaster 05-31-2008 08:34 PM

Killing/seeing deer in the middle of the day...

How many of you guys have seen/killed deer in the middle of the day.... say 11:00am-3:00pm??

I usually come out of the woods around 10nish, if I'm not having any luck... what are the chances that Im missing something?

What time of day did you see/kill said deer?

buckeye 05-31-2008 08:38 PM

RE: Killing deer in the middle of the day...

I have had shot ops between11AM andnoonon some borderline 3.5's and one shot that I wish I had back on a pretty good buck.

early in 05-31-2008 08:40 PM

I don't know if you're talking about the rut, or just in general, but when I hunt the rut I'm in ALL day. Dark to dark, no matter where I'm hunting.I saw the biggest buck I've ever see in my life in Alberta at exactly 12:05PM, lunch time for a lot of guys.;)

Deleted User 05-31-2008 08:46 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

magicman54494 05-31-2008 09:06 PM

I killed a lot of bucks during rifle season between 9 & 12. Most of these were forced movement from other hunters. Those that leave to eat lunch or just can't sit very long.

I have shot the majority of my bigger bucks within an hour of dark.
I shot one at 11 AM
I have seen a lot of movement during the rut In the late morning.

I hunt one area that doesn't get a lot of human pressure. During the rut any time of day is as good as any other. I see a lot of daytime movement of bucks.

During the rut I would suggest hunting as much as you can. It can happen at any time. It's the3 weeks you wait49 weeks for. :D

buckmaster 05-31-2008 09:10 PM

Yes, am I'm aware of All Day rut hunts, I'm just speaking generally.

JimPic 05-31-2008 09:17 PM

On days thatI do hunt all day(other than the rut),I see a good bit of activity-enough to keep me interested

gri22ly 05-31-2008 09:27 PM

RE: Killing/seeing deer in the middle of the day...

Some of the biggest bucks I've ever seen were around noon. Mybest buck was killed at 12:30PM working a scrape. I have a theory on that but itsway to long[8D]. When I walk3 or 4 miles to my stand, I set all day no mater what time of year.

MarquetteMagnum 05-31-2008 09:34 PM

This last year alone I was getting weird work hours so I would go at 9am till about 2pm. early in the season when the bugs were really bad the deer would move just to get away from the skeaters I think, Then not much day time activity untill rut.

magicman54494 05-31-2008 10:01 PM

ORIGINAL: gri22ly

Some of the biggest bucks I've ever seen were around noon. Mybest buck was killed at 12:30PM working a scrape. I have a theory on that but itsway to long[8D]. When I walk3 or 4 miles to my stand, I set all day no mater what time of year.
I am very interested in hearing your theory.