Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Less of a deer hunter??? >

Less of a deer hunter???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Less of a deer hunter???

Old 05-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Less of a deer hunter???

ORIGINAL: blackfish

NO there harder to hunt I like the horns I guess you could say I m horny
Blackfish,
Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that you like to chase horny deer? I guess if you hunt the rut, that's more accurate than one would think at first glance.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Less of a deer hunter???

Shoot what makes you happy, thats what hunting is all about. Trust me, no one wants to shoot the biggest buck in the woods more than i do and i normally hold out for a decent deer in my area, but sometimes it just doesnt work that way. This past fall for example, i knew of a 140ish inch 8 point on the one property i hunt. Well long story short, i had him at 8 yards or so and i guess he heard me drawing back, and he bounded off to 20 yards broadside, but right behind a bush.[:@] He stood there for a minute and then slowly walked off like nothing ever happened. Well that was it, after a slower than expected season and then that, i told myself that the next decent buck to walk by was gunna get it. Well luckily for me, a nice 8 walked by and now his european mount is on my wall. I cherish looking at him just as much as i would the 140, even though i wasnt hunting for him.