Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff??? >

What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff???

Old 05-05-2008, 10:33 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff???

You guys need to understand WV. I grew up there (williamson, wv) and Ky and can tell ya police and DNR are tight. The local police will not help you. All you can do is try to get the news station to take up your story. I would contact the main director of operations in Charleston. I would send him thru email the pictures. If he blows you off, send them to the local newspaper. They love misc stories like this.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: iamyourhuckleberry

My first take...

Without a warrant, this is an illegal search and seizure. Ok, can the feeder be seen from the road? Did someone see you hunting there?If so, then he has probable cause. It is illegal to hunt turkeys over bait. He isgathering evidence.

The WV rules pertaining to deer and the baiting of wildlife states:

[align=left]It is illegal to bait or feed cervids or other wildlife in a[/align][align=left]“Containment Area” as determined by the Director and[/align][align=left]established for the management, control or eradication of[/align][align=left]chronic wasting disease, bovine tuberculosis, avian influenza[/align][align=left]or other wildlife diseases. Song and insectivorous birds may[/align][align=left]be fed, provided that such feeding shall not cause, or be[/align][align=left]done in a manner that would be reasonably anticipated to[/align][align=left]cause, a congregation of cervids or other wildlife. [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Is this considered a containment area?[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Hmmm....maybe a misunderstanding.[/align]

Sounds like he is gathering evidence. I know it is illegal to feed in many states on count of Chronic Wasting Disease. I'm guessing he took that card to prove there are animals at your feeder. If he was going to steal stuff he would've took the whole camera. I believe this is going to have a different outcome than you think.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

ORIGINAL: iamyourhuckleberry

My first take...

Without a warrant, this is an illegal search and seizure. Ok, can the feeder be seen from the road? Did someone see you hunting there?If so, then he has probable cause. It is illegal to hunt turkeys over bait. He isgathering evidence.

The WV rules pertaining to deer and the baiting of wildlife states:

[align=left]It is illegal to bait or feed cervids or other wildlife in a[/align][align=left]“Containment Area” as determined by the Director and[/align][align=left]established for the management, control or eradication of[/align][align=left]chronic wasting disease, bovine tuberculosis, avian influenza[/align][align=left]or other wildlife diseases. Song and insectivorous birds may[/align][align=left]be fed, provided that such feeding shall not cause, or be[/align][align=left]done in a manner that would be reasonably anticipated to[/align][align=left]cause, a congregation of cervids or other wildlife. [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Is this considered a containment area?[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Hmmm....maybe a misunderstanding.[/align]

Sounds like he is gathering evidence. I know it is illegal to feed in many states on count of Chronic Wasting Disease. I'm guessing he took that card to prove there are animals at your feeder. If he was going to steal stuff he would've took the whole camera. I believe this is going to have a different outcome than you think.
I agree. Sounds like an evidence investigation going on. Sounds like you may get a big shock. Maybe youll never hear anything. Who knows. I believe a "Containment Area" is defined as any particular peice of property that is totally enclosed by a high fence. ButI could be wrong.Each state varies. I would Hit the wardens office and ask what is going on, if youre breaking anylaws you need to know about it/them before it leads to bigger trouble. And if they refuse to give you the information and your property back hit the press hard.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:32 AM
Bartender

Disregard, concerned search warrants
Old 05-06-2008, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hankfan one thing I can tell you the DNR office is located in the WV state Police office there in Princeton and dont expect any help at all from the police they are tight with each other. We both know the corruption that goes on with the police in Mercer county. Like stated above watch out if your feeder cannot be seen from the road someone reported that you were feeding the Turkeys and drawing them in to hunt and at this time of year they frown on feeders period. DNR or as you said we call them game wardens have a lot of power they do just about anything they want here.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:32 AM

post his pics on the internet tell your own story if they do not help you, years ago we were doing a deer drive and kicked out a nice buck the dec officer pulled over got out of his car fired 4 shots at the buck we yelled he got back in his car and left
Old 05-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Lubricious

Fingerprints will prove his guilt, turn his ass in
x2
Old 05-06-2008, 08:29 AM

IF HE IS HUNTING NEAR HIS HOME OF ROCK WV, THERE ARE NO BAITING RESTRICTIONS FOR DEER..ONLY ONE PART OF THE STATE HAS THEM...AND THAT'S WAY..WAY UP NORTH FROM ROCK, WV. I HAVE A VERY CRAZY QUESTION THAT SOMEONE SHOULD OF ASKED BY NOW....WHERE ARE THESE PICS...I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM...ANOTHER QUESTION THAT NEEDS ASKING, ARE YOU A TURKEY HUNTER AND HAVE YOU KILLED ONE THIS YEAR? HAVE YOU HUNTED FOR THEM THIS YEAR? IF SO, COULD IT BE POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE SEEN YOU WHILE HUNTING AND FIGURED YOU WHERE HUNTING OVER BAIT FOR TURKEYS? THEN THAT WOULD FORCE DNR TO INVESTIGATE...WHICH MIGHT OF LEAD TO TAKING YOUR STUFF....BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY HAVEN'T NOTIFIED YOU YET? I THINK YOU SHOULD CALL YOUR DISTRICT AND GET ANSWERS. IF THEY DID TAKE IT FOR NO REASON....NEWSPAPER HAVEN, CALL SOME OF THE BIG TV STATIONS THAT HAVE A NATIONAL COVERAGE....IF THEY ARE INVESTIGATING YOU, YOU WILL GET YOUR THINGS BACK IF THE CAN'T PROVE ANYTHING.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Dominant Buck

I HAVE A VERY CRAZY QUESTION THAT SOMEONE SHOULD OF ASKED BY NOW....WHERE ARE THESE PICS...I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM...ANOTHER QUESTION THAT NEEDS ASKING, ARE YOU A TURKEY HUNTER AND HAVE YOU KILLED ONE THIS YEAR? HAVE YOU HUNTED FOR THEM THIS YEAR? IF SO, COULD IT BE POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE SEEN YOU WHILE HUNTING AND FIGURED YOU WHERE HUNTING OVER BAIT FOR TURKEYS? THEN THAT WOULD FORCE DNR TO INVESTIGATE...WHICH MIGHT OF LEAD TO TAKING YOUR STUFF....BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY HAVEN'T NOTIFIED YOU YET?
I don't think it's a crazy question, at all. I know in my area.....if I had an active feeder working on property I was turkey hunting on......I'd know they were gathering evidence against ME.

Not making any assumptions....just offering another POV.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ive chased wardens off my property before as well, some are good but others are crooked and its a tough situation to be in.

Quick Reply: What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.