HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff???
Old 05-06-2008, 05:24 AM
wis_bow_huntr
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff???

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

ORIGINAL: iamyourhuckleberry

My first take...

Without a warrant, this is an illegal search and seizure. Ok, can the feeder be seen from the road? Did someone see you hunting there?If so, then he has probable cause. It is illegal to hunt turkeys over bait. He isgathering evidence.

The WV rules pertaining to deer and the baiting of wildlife states:

[align=left]It is illegal to bait or feed cervids or other wildlife in a[/align][align=left]“Containment Area” as determined by the Director and[/align][align=left]established for the management, control or eradication of[/align][align=left]chronic wasting disease, bovine tuberculosis, avian influenza[/align][align=left]or other wildlife diseases. Song and insectivorous birds may[/align][align=left]be fed, provided that such feeding shall not cause, or be[/align][align=left]done in a manner that would be reasonably anticipated to[/align][align=left]cause, a congregation of cervids or other wildlife. [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Is this considered a containment area?[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Hmmm....maybe a misunderstanding.[/align]

Sounds like he is gathering evidence. I know it is illegal to feed in many states on count of Chronic Wasting Disease. I'm guessing he took that card to prove there are animals at your feeder. If he was going to steal stuff he would've took the whole camera. I believe this is going to have a different outcome than you think.
I agree. Sounds like an evidence investigation going on. Sounds like you may get a big shock. Maybe youll never hear anything. Who knows. I believe a "Containment Area" is defined as any particular peice of property that is totally enclosed by a high fence. ButI could be wrong.Each state varies. I would Hit the wardens office and ask what is going on, if youre breaking anylaws you need to know about it/them before it leads to bigger trouble. And if they refuse to give you the information and your property back hit the press hard.