Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
It's a necessary evil ..... I don't like it
4.86%
It's necessary ..... I'm ok with it
20.83%
It's all part of the hunt .... I like it
36.11%
It's an awesome rush .... I love it
38.19%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

The Kill

Old 05-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Kill

I know that I'm getting ready to get flamed but here it goes.To start I didn't read all 14 pages of this but there's know way that I could get out of bed and set in 5 degree weather for hours if Ididn't enjoy the kill. As far as the pet thing goes I have no love for animals, sorry I just don't. That doesn't mean that I go around the neighborhood abducted people cats and stangling them but in my family when something needs to be put down they know who to call because I have know emotional attachement and can do what needs to be done.Does that make me some kind of backwoods weirdo I don't think. It's not that I have a fettish for killing animals but I also don't have a problem with it.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gutshot

.........Does that make me some kind of backwoods weirdo I don't think.

You DO live in West Virginia ..... anyone else hear banjos?
Old 05-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Watch it Tony....did you just read that I didn't have a problem with killin'
Old 05-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Careful, Tony... I think you just made a "Wrong Turn".[&o]
(I'm sorry.... I just couldn't help it.)
Old 05-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Careful, Tony... I think you just made a "Wrong Turn".[&o]
(I'm sorry.... I just couldn't help it.)
Looks like I'll be needin' some "Deliverance"!
Old 05-05-2008, 02:24 PM

It comes down to extreams Gandi type and Jeff Darmer type and then you have everyone in between If someone broke in my house with a gun I would not hesatate to shoot them for extream effect would I feel bad no. I know this because of a similur incedent in my life.If I went hunting the next week and shot a buck when I walked over to it there would be mixed emotions.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Site Bouncer

I really don't see how difficult it is for some to understand that some of us can absolutely love to hunt (and kill) but not take so much glee in the killing part of it. Yes I know it's part of the way I hunt, and I would not want to hunt any other way or I'd have a camera in my hands instead of a bow/gun. It's just that I don't see where the kill has to be so joyfully exalted for the hunt to be a success or worthy of our pursuit.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really don't see how difficult it is for some to understand that some of us can absolutely love to hunt (and kill) but not take so much glee in the killing part of it. Yes I know it's part of the way I hunt, and I would not want to hunt any other way or I'd have a camera in my hands instead of a bow/gun. It's just that I don't see where the kill has to be so joyfully exalted for the hunt to be a success or worthy of our pursuit.
Agreed.

I've never based success on a kill.. if that were true no less than two dozen deer a year would fall to my bow. One or two is perfectly okay with me. Don't need any more arrogance.. I believe I have enough of it already.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

I really don't see how difficult it is for some to understand that some of us can absolutely love to hunt (and kill) but not take so much glee in the killing part of it.
That's aconfusing sentence to me John .... I assume you meant, love to hunt but not take glee in the kill

Yes I know it's part of the way I hunt, and I would not want to hunt any other way or I'd have a camera in my hands instead of a bow/gun. It's just that I don't see where the kill has to be so joyfully exalted for the hunt to be a success or worthy of our pursuit.
I don't think anyone is saying it HAS to be .... for most it seems it is .......
Old 05-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

Valor....I don't need for you to understand how I'm wired. I just don't enjoy killing.
No problem GMMAT. You start a lot of posts about hunting "ethics" and "morals". If you don't care whether I understand you or not, why do you seek the opinion or viewpoint of others? Isn't this about understanding each other?

If thats the case, then hunt with arrows with suction cups on the tip ... or use one of those things that will throw a paint ball at the animal ......

Bottom .line .... you KILL the animal, jump up and down, hoot and holler, then grab those nasty horns and take a picture and pass it all over the net and to family ...... prolly drive it around, stopping at peeps houses ....... the kill part feeds our ego ... we have dominated the animal by taking it's life ... and we will make sure everyone knows about it ....

Thanks PreacherTony. Couldn't have said it better.

Does the man who slaughters cattle for a living enjoy the killing? Or....does he recognize it as part of the process that puts meat on the table?
No. Nobody needs to kill a deer for food. You voluntarily kill a deer for sport. For sport Bro! Cows and chickens are killed for food, not sport. How can you get those confused?

Pets? I held my old German Shepard in my arms while they stuck the needle in him. I watched the light extinguish in his eyes. I cried like a baby. When a deer drops off, I'm thinking "GET THE GRILL READY BABY!

Quick Reply: The Kill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.