Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
It's a necessary evil ..... I don't like it
4.86%
It's necessary ..... I'm ok with it
20.83%
It's all part of the hunt .... I like it
36.11%
It's an awesome rush .... I love it
38.19%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

The Kill

Old 05-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default The Kill

With all this talk of different animals to hunt .... killing to kill ........ That part of the bowhunt ...... Do you hateitt? do you like it? Do you love it? I'm talking about taking an animals life with your bow..... Do you picture the broadhead slicing through the lungs and/ or heart..... do you try not to think about it? ......

I am curious as to your thoughts .....
Old 05-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The Kill

I love everything about it...
Old 05-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

The thing I don't like is hearing the death moan of an animal. Deer don't do it very often but bear do it allot more. When you hear the sound you know you put that arrow exactly where it should be but at the same time your wishing ok you can quit moaning now already!! My 2nd bear I shot was the 1st animal I heard do this. It happened 30 yards from my stand and it put a huge lump in my throat when I heard it. To this day every time I hear a death moan it still puts a huge lump in my throat but at the same time I know I made a very successful shot. All in all to me its part of the hunt that you have to except but not necessarily like. Us hunters have many feelings too, the anti's like to think we don't.[:@]
Old 05-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love it .... a perfect kill shot I'm talking about .... I picture my broadhead slicing through the lungs ... I appreciate the animal and all that, and there are so many emotions when it happens, but the taking of the life of an animal in a fair chase situation, legally ......it's hard to beat ... it's a complete rush ...
Old 05-02-2008, 11:40 AM

Ya know, I've never thought about it. It surely doesn't upset me any, that's for sure. I don't visualize the arrow slicing it's way through....I don't like to watch them suffer, which is why I shot my buck 3 times last fall. I put a bad shot on a doe once w/ a rifle, and she let out a god awful beller.......I hope I NEVER hear that again.

So in short, I'm ok with it. As long as they aren't suffering, that I just don't like. If I'm gonna kill 'em, I wanna kill 'em quickly.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's all good--every aspect of the hunt
Old 05-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fred Bear:

"A downed animal is certainly the object of the hunting trip, but it becomes the anti-climax when compared to the many other pleasures of the hunt"

...I agree with Mr. Bear, but I sure love to do it
Old 05-02-2008, 11:45 AM

I love the hunt, I don't mind the killing, but i do have a bit of remorse every time I do kill an animal, it's not enough to keep from hunting, but I do feel something different, I mean i know it's just an animal, but I did take its life. That's final. Don't get it twisted, Im not saying I feel sorry for them and we shouldn't enjoy all the aspects of hunting, I just feel a bit of remorse, and it's never right away, it usually is when i go to sleep that night, it will cross my mind, and then I forget it forever.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobow

Ya know, I've never thought about it. It surely doesn't upset me any, that's for sure. I don't visualize the arrow slicing it's way through....I don't like to watch them suffer, which is why I shot my buck 3 times last fall. I put a bad shot on a doe once w/ a rifle, and she let out a god awful beller.......I hope I NEVER hear that again.

So in short, I'm ok with it. As long as they aren't suffering, that I just don't like. If I'm gonna kill 'em, I wanna kill 'em quickly.
x2
Old 05-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

I love the hunt, I don't mind the killing, but i do have a bit of remorse every time I do kill an animal, it's not enough to keep from hunting, but I do feel something different, I mean i know it's just an animal, but I did take its life. That's final. Don't get it twisted, Im not saying I feel sorry for them and we shouldn't enjoy all the aspects of hunting, I just feel a bit of remorse, and it's never right away, it usually is when i go to sleep that night, it will cross my mind, and then I forget it forever.
I TOTALLY understand the regret part .... the respect and appreciation for the animal .... there are so many emotions .... that is why I love it so ....... now again, I'm talking about a good shot that kills the animal quickly and is done fair chase and legal ...

Quick Reply: The Kill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.