Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting Injuries >

Hunting Injuries

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Never hurt myself (knock on wood).
16.57%
Ankle
6.86%
Knee
6.29%
Hip
2.29%
Back
5.14%
Arm
4.00%
Shoulder
4.00%
Head
3.43%
Heart Attack
1.71%
Cuts/Abrasions/Stitches
21.14%
Car accident on my way to go hunting
1.71%
Other
4.57%
I am the man of STEEL - invincible! ** I'm flexing right now **
9.71%
This poll is gay.
12.57%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Hunting Injuries

Old 04-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hunting Injuries

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

I was running down a crippledgobbler one time and put my right ankle in a groundhog hole. It didn't break, but I think just about every ligament and tendon was damaged. No surgery, but it's still a mess, 10 years later. I had to crawl out through the field to recover the bird, then crawl back to the car. I got stung by a bee while I was crawling, which added insult to injury.

Another time, I was guiding a guy and he emptied his gun on a big tom. It was gonna get away if I didn't do something, so I ran it down like a leopard and gave it a Bill Goldberg Human Spear. Feathers went everywhere and I came out of the ordeal with a dead turkey and a separated shoulder. Ouch.

If my mother would've been around on either of those occasions, I'd still be eating soap.
I really like that bee To bad he had to die

Old 04-29-2008, 12:21 PM
Typical Buck

I dry fired my bow, it cut and scraped my arm up really really bad.... hurt my pride more than anything....... from then on I will always draw with an arrow....
Old 04-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Germ - I'm about to put popknots all over your head, whitey. Is it considered a "hunting injury" if you're provoked by a fellow hunting message board member, prompting you to put on your best wrestling leotard anddrive to Michigan andsuplex"someone"inakiddie pool filled with vaseline and Apple Jacks?

Just keep it up, Hemry. I've got a full tank of gas anda pink spandexsinglet that says you won't last 5 seconds in the ring with the King.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Germ - I'm about to put popknots all over your head, whitey. Is it considered a "hunting injury" if you're provoked by a fellow hunting message board member, prompting you to put on your best wrestling leotard anddrive to Michigan andsuplex"someone"inakiddie pool filled with vaseline and Apple Jacks?

Just keep it up, Hemry. I've got a full tank of gas anda pink spandexsinglet that says you won't last 5 seconds in the ring with the King.

Dude I will meet you in Ohio, buckeye can watch.

I am going to enjoy snapping you like a twigand do what every King deserves

Old 04-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Me being in a hurry sliced my thumb off from the middle knuckle up cause I was not using a broadhead tool on Thunderheads! Yes they do come sharp out of the box. 11 stitches and 4 1/2 hrs in the emergency room I was fine![:@]
Old 04-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pack a lunch, nancyboy.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have a cousin who got royally stoned in his deer stand. he fell out but landed upright with his feet planted on each side of a log. They then rolled in opposite directions and it sprained both ankles. He spent the next several weeks on crutches.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I’m sensing PPV here. We’ll need some Divas though. Buckeye can be in Germ’s corner, I’ll be in quik’s. Preacher can drive down to ref.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I’m sensing PPV here. We’ll need some Divas though. Buckeye can be in Germ’s corner, I’ll be in quik’s. Preacher can drive down to ref.
I'll be there ......I promise impartiality .........

Please make check payable to .......uh, nevermind ..... PMs sent
Old 04-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Don't worry Preach, I am going to make liberal "I need a hug boy" Tap out

S.O.D will be used

Quick Reply: Hunting Injuries

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.