Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting Injuries >

Hunting Injuries

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Never hurt myself (knock on wood).
16.57%
Ankle
6.86%
Knee
6.29%
Hip
2.29%
Back
5.14%
Arm
4.00%
Shoulder
4.00%
Head
3.43%
Heart Attack
1.71%
Cuts/Abrasions/Stitches
21.14%
Car accident on my way to go hunting
1.71%
Other
4.57%
I am the man of STEEL - invincible! ** I'm flexing right now **
9.71%
This poll is gay.
12.57%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Hunting Injuries

Old 04-19-2008, 12:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Injuries

Well maybe I have just had bad luck, or maybe I have just spent a lot of time in the woods. But I had a form of a Heart Attack last fall that required being lifeflighted. I have been in two car accidents on my way too or from hunting. Fourteen years ago I cracked my knee cap, then proceeded to killabull elk later that day4 miles from the trail head. Mydad was pissed because I couldn't walk let alone hike or help pack any of my elk out the next day. lol I have had to have stiches the night before the opening of bow season because I cut my self with a broadhead.And last of all I had a bungie strap break on my fourwheeler and come back and smack in right in the head. I should of had stiches but I didn't want toleave to recieve medical help.Some super glue (Goat Tuf, stung like hell for the first 5 minutes) and a band aid ended up dong a good job. lol I could keep going but I think I will end there becasue I covered all the major stuff. I haven't been hurt by my horses yet, but that is my biggest worry on a back country hunt. I hope it never happens, and I am very alert, cautious and carefull around them, but I know that accidents happens, so that is why its my biggest worry if I were to think about it.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

No physical injuries while in the field.Emotional ones is another story! While hunting a couple of years Ago I was walking in the dark from the cabin to the skinning shed and tripped on a wood pile fell and cracked a rib.
Another verification that practically all accidents are preventable,who needsa flash light my eyes will adjust.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I sprained my wrist being an idiot during a break in the pheasant hunting.........does that count??????

(don't run backwards in a race when you are wearing heavy pac-boots[&:])
Old 04-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rolled a truck and messed up my back, minor cuts and abrasions ,7 mile walk out.

Rolled a canoe in the middle of one of the most dangerous rivers in Idaho. Almost drown and lost half my gear. I was a long way from our portage point and became hypothermic.

Went elk hunting right after kidney surgery, Somehow while packing a bull out, I jammed the stint I had in me through the wall of my bladder, that led to 3 days in the hospital and I was pi$$ed because the bulls were in full rut. As soon as they let me out, I was back into the hunt... I had to pull the catheter out to keep it from rubbing my leg though, that scored big points with the Doc!!!!

I ended up with Giardia one year, miles from the trailhead. That put me in the hospital too with IV bags hooked to me.2 days after that I headed back in with a 12 pack of Charmin strapped to my back...

You should see the look on everyones face when one of the crew (not me this time) rams a blade 3 inches into his leg miles from no where. One of the group took up sewing on that trip...

2 years ago I escaped with everything but my pride when I thought that I could blow through a snow drift in the canyon that I bear hunt in. Needless to say, my truck was on the edge of rolling down a mile long hill into a deep canyon. I walked 9 miles this trip to use a phone and call a tow truck. The truck met me in the middle of nowhere and charged me 250.00 to get my truck headed in the right direction. I got home at 3:30 the next morning....

Last year I ate the skin and meat off both heels. The last day of the antelope hunt I ended up walking through the desert in my bedroom slippers.

3 years agoI ruptured a disk while elk hunting. Hydrocodone was my friend for the rest of the season and helped me harvest a 5 point...

Some days you eat the bear, and some days the bear eats you!!!!
Old 04-19-2008, 03:23 PM

Took a bullet from a .30-06 through my right bicep.....while bowhunting.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: _Dan

Darn!! I bet that hurt![:@]

I was blasted with a Shotgun once, birdshot. It was very cold and I had lots of clothes on thank goodness. I was still pickin shot out for a while.

They just didn't get real deep. It's amazing how they seem to stick to the flesh.

Dan
Old 04-19-2008, 03:50 PM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

2mm from killing me....I'll post the whole story someday.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I for one would Love to hear it!

Dan
Old 04-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Bartender

Out with Dukemichaels today working stands and cut a vine and WHIP right in his eye. Sorry Mike.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

god you are lucky to be alive! just imagine if the bullet would have expanded a little more!

Quick Reply: Hunting Injuries

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.