Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting Injuries >

Hunting Injuries

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Never hurt myself (knock on wood).
16.57%
Ankle
6.86%
Knee
6.29%
Hip
2.29%
Back
5.14%
Arm
4.00%
Shoulder
4.00%
Head
3.43%
Heart Attack
1.71%
Cuts/Abrasions/Stitches
21.14%
Car accident on my way to go hunting
1.71%
Other
4.57%
I am the man of STEEL - invincible! ** I'm flexing right now **
9.71%
This poll is gay.
12.57%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Hunting Injuries

Old 04-18-2008, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Hunting Injuries

Pretty simple: Have you ever hurt yourself while hunting? Do tell...

Gruesome pictures and grotesque accounts of pain and suffering are encouraged.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:51 AM

Default RE: Hunting Injuries

I don't have too much to add here. Just the really minor stuff.....Cut finger, that sort of thing. My buddy had a heart attack and died while we were fishing though. Does that count?
Old 04-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have taken bad falls on my back on several occasions that have taken their toll, but never dropped my gun.[:@]
Old 04-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-18-2008, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I once fell 15 feet out of a tree getting an arrow that my brother had lodged into a branch in a tree while trying to shoot a nice buck. I was in the chiropractor for 3 months straight after that trying to get my back, shoulder and arm into the right place again. I cut the tree branch off with the arrow on it yet and gave it to him for a Christmas present. Who says Christmas shopping isn't dangerous!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cut my fingers on broadheads badly one time. Other than that, nothing really besides dragging deer up and down hills for 30 minutes to get them out of the woods and causing my back to lock up!
Old 04-18-2008, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was running down a crippledgobbler one time and put my right ankle in a groundhog hole. It didn't break, but I think just about every ligament and tendon was damaged. No surgery, but it's still a mess, 10 years later. I had to crawl out through the field to recover the bird, then crawl back to the car. I got stung by a bee while I was crawling, which added insult to injury.

Another time, I was guiding a guy and he emptied his gun on a big tom. It was gonna get away if I didn't do something, so I ran it down like a leopard and gave it a Bill Goldberg Human Spear. Feathers went everywhere and I came out of the ordeal with a dead turkey and a separated shoulder. Ouch.

If my mother would've been around on either of those occasions, I'd still be eating soap.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

quicksilver--hahahahaha!

"I was running down a crippledgobbler one time and put my right ankle in a groundhog hole. It didn't break, but I think just about every ligament and tendon was damaged. No surgery, but it's still a mess, 10 years later. I had to crawl out through the field to recover the bird, then crawl back to the car. I got stung by a bee while I was crawling, which added insult to injury. "
Old 04-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I forgot to add that a few times bear hunting In Northern Mn I've stepped on ground bee nest's and been stung well over 100 times each time its happened. Surprisingly it didn't effect me at all.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Schultzy, you are part animal!!!!!

Quick Reply: Hunting Injuries

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.