Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ghetto tip .....Jacket >

Ghetto tip .....Jacket

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ghetto tip .....Jacket

Old 04-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default Ghetto tip .....Jacket

Hereswhat I do for camo jackets. Go purchase a zip-up hooded sweatshirt. Get it a little big. Then wear a jacket that you currently own and slip the camo zip-up sweatshirt over top. presto you got yourself a camo jacket. Alot of us have warm jackets for everyday use and its hard to come up with alot of money to purchase warm good quality camo clothing. So heres the next best thing

This worked out well for me not to long ago on an elk hunt. On the way up a mountin I got hot so I took off two jacket and laid them on a rock and figured I would get them on the way down. Well after 3 hours of searching I never found them and I was without a heavy jacket for the next day. Luckily I had my Carhart jacket in my truck. So I slipped the camo zip-up over my carhart and I was still in business.

I hope someone finds this usefull.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:42 PM

Default RE: Ghetto tip .....Jacket

Ive done the same sort of thing before, too.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ghetto tip .....Jacket

I go to hunting stores this time of year or when the lastest camo pattern comes out and buy at 50-70% off, ghetto is great but getting hunting clothes at or below cost is even more ghetto!!