HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What do you think about at full draw?(the crazy thoughts we have) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/238413-what-do-you-think-about-full-draw-crazy-thoughts-we-have.html)

Bullet Hole Bailey 03-21-2008 07:25 AM

RE: What do you think about at full draw?

"gotcha where i want ya and now im gonna getcha" :D

mobow 03-21-2008 07:29 AM

RE: What do you think about at full draw?(the crazy thoughts we have)

When target shooting, I mentally run through my shot process.

In the woods is another matter. It's such a surreal feeling, like a dream. I'm on autopilot, not really thinking about anything other than when to draw. I already know the range. On a deer, mentally I'm more busy in the moments leading up to drawing the bow. Once I get drawn and anchored, I couldn't tell you what happens, other than I see an arrow zip through a deer.

stikbow26 03-21-2008 07:39 AM

The last thing going through my mind is waiting for my camera guy to give the ok to shoot!!

twildasin 03-21-2008 08:04 AM

RELAX! Is what I want to think but alot of times excitement takes over and im like damn this will be easy just shoot it! That got me in alot of trouble before with bad shots and misses. Now I tell myself 1 more breath relax and squeeze!:D

shed33 03-21-2008 08:19 AM

its like running the football for me... intinct takes over and I sure as heck am not thinking about anything..other than killing the animal in front of me

virginiashadow 03-21-2008 08:22 AM

I focus on my breathing and follow though most of the time, as well as all the small things that are running through my head, so as to prepare for the unexpected..."which way do I think he is going to turn.......if he steps left, where is my shot angle....does he sense me......does this shot look good or should I wait.....etc."

LittleChief 03-21-2008 08:38 AM

ORIGINAL: mobow
I'm on autopilot, not really thinking about anything...
Exactly what I was going to say. By the time I start to draw, I've already played the entire scene through in my mind. Once I get to full draw, I'm on autopilot.

CCPaHunter 03-21-2008 08:38 AM

I'm always telling myselfthat I about to take thelife of a large livingcreature. Do it right!

magicman54494 03-21-2008 09:49 AM

OK here's a few:
Whats my taxidermists phone number. BTW I missed that one!
I'm going to have to drag this hog a 1/2 mile by myself. I got that one:D

BigJ71 03-21-2008 09:52 AM

I think to myself......"Boy, I could really go for aPastrami sandwich right now."

:DJ/K....I really just concentrate on the exact spot I want to hit and everything else sorta fades away, I get really focused on the shot and my mind goes blank.