HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What do you think about at full draw?(the crazy thoughts we have) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/238413-what-do-you-think-about-full-draw-crazy-thoughts-we-have.html)

PA Hardwoods 03-21-2008 06:08 AM

What do you think about at full draw?(the crazy thoughts we have)

I had an interesting discussion last night at the archery shop with some buddies about what you think about at full draw. It was our Traditional night when we have about 8 or 9 guys shooting longbows and recurves, so you could only imagine the responses we gave. [8D]LOL.

So what do you think about at full draw weather its on the 3D range, in the woods, or even just punching paper.

Im sure this will be an interesting topic;)

Well I guess I should clarify the question. I know everyone just focuses on the intended target and either goes through their shot process. But I know we ALL have had that time or times when we think about some crazy stuff at full draw. Thats what I want to hear about.

Rick James 03-21-2008 06:11 AM

RE: What do you think about at full draw?

When I'm shooting well I'm consciously focused on the x ring once I've hit my anchor point. Before that I'm focused on mentally walking through the steps in my shot sequence, and visualizingthat perfect shot. Once I hit anchor though and it all feels right, I commit andflip the switch and the only thing I'm thinking of is x ring. If something pops it's head up to break that concentration it's time to let down, regroup, and start over.

wallhangr 03-21-2008 06:11 AM

Usually talking my way thru the shot, like one more step.....

Splitear_Leland 03-21-2008 06:12 AM

I always concentrate on my form, and make sure that I'm ready to follow through after the shot.

125py 03-21-2008 06:15 AM

i am just aiming and making sure there is a clear shot

JoeRE 03-21-2008 06:21 AM

My mind is blank of everything buy the expected POI. Even when I am hunting I try concentrate on the exact POI only. When I am really in the zone I have had people speak to me from behind me and I do not hear them. I dont feel or hear a thing, and I get tunnel vision. I am thinking this may be a bad thing in the woods when I should still be aware of my surroundings through the shot but its how I shoot best. My next hurdle is to become more consistant with the concentration for wvery shot.

MNpurple 03-21-2008 06:23 AM

I try to think as little as possible, the whole draw process has become natural and if something isnt right I feel it immediately. Just focus on where I want to hit.

Its like golf for me, the more I concentrate and nit pick all aspects of my shot process, the greater my slice will be!

PA Hardwoods 03-21-2008 06:26 AM

Well I guess I should clarify the question. I know everyone just focuses on the intended target and either goes through their shot process. But I know we ALL have had that time or times when we think about some crazy stuff at full draw. Thats what I want to hear about.

PreacherTony 03-21-2008 06:33 AM

I always think ..... Gee, how am I gonna mess this one up:D

Or , I can taste those backstraps right now! :D

Either way, they both lead to misses ..... 2 ditches :eek:

Ben / PA 03-21-2008 06:35 AM

After getting solid peep alignment, level and pin on. I need something else to thing about because its the next second that either makes or breaks me on a good shot or a bad one. When I overthink it, its over.