Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do you think about at full draw?(the crazy thoughts we have) >

What do you think about at full draw?(the crazy thoughts we have)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you think about at full draw?(the crazy thoughts we have)

Old 03-21-2008, 06:08 AM

Default What do you think about at full draw?(the crazy thoughts we have)

I had an interesting discussion last night at the archery shop with some buddies about what you think about at full draw. It was our Traditional night when we have about 8 or 9 guys shooting longbows and recurves, so you could only imagine the responses we gave. [8D]LOL.

So what do you think about at full draw weather its on the 3D range, in the woods, or even just punching paper.

Im sure this will be an interesting topic

Well I guess I should clarify the question. I know everyone just focuses on the intended target and either goes through their shot process. But I know we ALL have had that time or times when we think about some crazy stuff at full draw. Thats what I want to hear about.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you think about at full draw?

When I'm shooting well I'm consciously focused on the x ring once I've hit my anchor point. Before that I'm focused on mentally walking through the steps in my shot sequence, and visualizingthat perfect shot. Once I hit anchor though and it all feels right, I commit andflip the switch and the only thing I'm thinking of is x ring. If something pops it's head up to break that concentration it's time to let down, regroup, and start over.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Usually talking my way thru the shot, like one more step.....
Old 03-21-2008, 06:12 AM
Typical Buck

I always concentrate on my form, and make sure that I'm ready to follow through after the shot.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

i am just aiming and making sure there is a clear shot
Old 03-21-2008, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

My mind is blank of everything buy the expected POI. Even when I am hunting I try concentrate on the exact POI only. When I am really in the zone I have had people speak to me from behind me and I do not hear them. I dont feel or hear a thing, and I get tunnel vision. I am thinking this may be a bad thing in the woods when I should still be aware of my surroundings through the shot but its how I shoot best. My next hurdle is to become more consistant with the concentration for wvery shot.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:23 AM

I try to think as little as possible, the whole draw process has become natural and if something isnt right I feel it immediately. Just focus on where I want to hit.

Its like golf for me, the more I concentrate and nit pick all aspects of my shot process, the greater my slice will be!
Old 03-21-2008, 06:26 AM

Well I guess I should clarify the question. I know everyone just focuses on the intended target and either goes through their shot process. But I know we ALL have had that time or times when we think about some crazy stuff at full draw. Thats what I want to hear about.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I always think ..... Gee, how am I gonna mess this one up

Or , I can taste those backstraps right now!

Either way, they both lead to misses ..... 2 ditches
Old 03-21-2008, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

After getting solid peep alignment, level and pin on. I need something else to thing about because its the next second that either makes or breaks me on a good shot or a bad one. When I overthink it, its over.

Quick Reply: What do you think about at full draw?(the crazy thoughts we have)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.