HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What do you think about at full draw?(the crazy thoughts we have) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/238413-what-do-you-think-about-full-draw-crazy-thoughts-we-have.html)

GMMAT 03-21-2008 06:41 AM

RE: What do you think about at full draw?

I honestly think I don't have a conscious thought at the magic moment. What I have begun to do is tell myself....as soon as I decide to take an animal .....that that animal is dead. Itwent from "am i really gonna get a shot at this animal" to....."dead deer".

This is also about the time I quit being nervous before the shot. After the shot???? No comment.

Hunter Dan7 03-21-2008 06:45 AM

When im at my house i think... What if my dogs come running through about the time i fire. when im in the woods and im getting ready to shoot a doe i think... What if a buck will be here in 15 minutes.

Armybowhunter28 03-21-2008 06:46 AM

I always think please god dont miss the huge buck that just walked out infront of me.

When I am target shooting I really dont think anything.

GregH 03-21-2008 06:54 AM

I think about my aiming at the exact spot I want to hit.

Schultzy 03-21-2008 06:56 AM

I already have that spot picked out so I'm concentrating, concentrating, concentrating, concentrating, on that spot and releasing!

dukemichaels 03-21-2008 07:02 AM

I honestly think I don't have a conscious thought at the magic moment.
Same here.

Taking an animal has just become sub-conscious for myself. It's all memory. I seem to just fade out.. and totally rely on muscle memory from the moment I know I am ready to take this particular animal. It's so fundamental.. I can't even explain it.. but thought... their is none.

I am sure for many hunters this is normal.

BowHuntingFool 03-21-2008 07:09 AM

I pick a spot, concentrate and try not to think of those back straps until after the shot!;):D

BobCo19-65 03-21-2008 07:11 AM

Just to think of one, I sometimes have a statement made by John Schulz (and I hear it in his voice) refering to a Howard Hill concept saying,

"Upon release both hands do nothing".

TexasBowHunter 03-21-2008 07:20 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

I honestly think I don't have a conscious thought at the magic moment.
Same here.

Taking an animal has just become sub-conscious for myself. It's all memory. I seem to just fade out.. and totally rely on muscle memory from the moment I know I am ready to take this particular animal. It's so fundamental.. I can't even explain it.. but thought... their is none.

I am sure for many hunters this is normal.
[/quote

X3 , I have to agree 100% with Duke on this one.

hatchet jack 03-21-2008 07:21 AM

I keep saying to myself follow thru, follow thru,follow thru,follow thru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!til I release!

Hatchet Jack