Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech questions >

Bowtech questions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech questions

Old 03-13-2008, 11:40 AM

Default RE: Bowtech questions

Quick my personnal assesment of the situation is not so much of your questions. I just believe your upset because your old lady wouldnt let you spend that kind of money on a bare bow, or you just dont have the money for it. So you are trying tobad mouth there practices just so you can feel better about buying a HCA bow.
Dominant Buck

LOL....I've owned several guns (still do). Never shot that one....but I bought it.
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I don't know what you think I'm saying, SC....but it's being misinterpreted. What I meant by "bow frinedly".....is I don't even remember (as a gun customer) even knowing they sold bow, there. I'm sure the staff was excellent. The gun staff was. I went in and ordered a LH A-Bolt and had it in a few days.

I'll never forget buying that gun, though. The guy that was helping me and I got a HUGE kick out of the first question on the questionnaire I had to fill out to purchase it:

1. Are you currently a fugitive from justice?

Are ya freakin kidding me?????

Yeah that question is still there. Just further down the list. I suspect that you may have lived in Charleston before they moved across the street to where they are now next to the Bike Shop. I wasn't around when they moved, I think the first time I went in there was 2002. I believe they moved in the early-mid 90s. At first they only had half the space they do now, and they sold fishing tackle too... which they no longer do. Tackle industry is very cut throat, and there is plenty of competition in Charleston. When space is a precious commodity, you gotta focus on a specialty... now theres is really high end guns.... Charleston has the market for it.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Jeff..I just bought a <GASP> gun this weekend and I commented on that first question. He said I have hadpeople check yes. He went on to tell many things people do to the forms. He said one guy crossed out and reworded questions until he could answer them yes. Funny Stuff
I asked the guy the same thing, here, when I bought my shotgun. He said the same thing......(that he'd had someone answer "yes". He said he went in the back and called it in....and they told him to keep the guy there if he could.....which he did. Only thing he'd say is.....the guy left witht he authorities....lol.

Here's your sign.

SC....this would have been about 1998. They were in the LONG building....if that makes sense.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

There's that ankle-biter AGAIN!
Come on now, were better than that!!!!! I didnt call you any names...
Old 03-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

I think its question # 5 that always gets me... Something about being a habitual drunkard ??[]

Yeah the questions start on #11 now... first one (11A) is are you the actual buyer... which should be a yes. After that the funny questions start..... are you under indictment, are you addicted to illegal drugs, are you a fugitive from justice, are you an alien illegally in the United States, have you ever been convicted of a misdemenor crime of domestic violence, are you under a court restraining order from stalking an intimate partner, have you been adjusticated mentally defective..... thats not the order, but there are like 8 or 9 like that.

I enjoy having a husband and wife come in together and when the husband gets to the "Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective?" question the wife will always jokingly say... YES! Never fails....
Old 03-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Is that place still there, SC?

I know buck and Bass went out of business in Mt. P.

What about Luden's?
Old 03-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

haha...game oooooooonnnnnnnnnnnn......
Old 03-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

I just wrote entire Ajax Enabled Web page and this is still goin on.

Bring Back Atlasman
Old 03-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Rutt.....can I call you Spot? Fido? You're following me like a lost pup.

Quick Reply: Bowtech questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.