Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech questions >

Bowtech questions

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech questions

Old 03-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech questions

Gr8, do you sell to other companies? Can you send me a line card for your aluminum extrusions? Custom?
PM sent .
Old 03-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Ironically, the pro shop that I worked at did just that with BowTech. Carolina Rod and Gun in Charleston, SC. Margins were so slim that we couldn't turn a dime without charging dang near full MSRP or even slightly over that. I told my boss then that without pumping some serious money into the archery side of things and picking up some more bowlines (we sold PSE, Browning and BowTech) that it would just be a hole in the boat. He agreed and got out of the archery business all together. Haven't checked back with my old boss in a few years, but I am sure that business is just as great as it was when I worked there. For a small gun shop to stay in business that long, you have to be pretty savvy, and he is just that..... not a guy who just fell off the turnip cart you know. Is Bowtech any worse off without them.... no I'm sure they aren't.... and I suspect that they don't really care either (I know for a fact they didn't because I was in the room on speaker phone discussing the whole situation with our account rep). It is what it is.
So your basis for an argument is a guy who couldn't sell ANYTHING in the archery business and got out of it??? I don't follow your logic.

And I've been in that place many times. I lived in Mount P. for several years. Nice old-school gun shop.....but I wouldn't have bought an arrow in that place, either.

No, we sold a lot of stuff in the archery business.... just like the tackle business.... the margins are so slim that we couldn't turn a profit on it. Why wouldn't you have bought an arrow there? They sell Gold Tips.... I didn't know you'd been bow hunting that long? I digress. You made a comment about dealers not carrying their bows because of the high costs and low set MSRPs..... thats exactly what happened in that case.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:58 AM
Dominant Buck

No offense.....it was a gun shop through and through when I was shopping there (bought a gun, there). Didn't shoot bows, then....but it didn't exactly seem very "bow friendly".....ifyaknowwhatimean. Nothing wrong with that. It was a gun shop.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Typical Buck

My brain just doesn't compute why somebody would enjoy paying more than they have to. Yours apparently does. Kudos to you. Buy everything Jeff. I really don't care. Maybe ask if you're allowed to pay double. Flash the bling. LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........
Old 03-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Dominant Buck

There's that ankle-biter AGAIN!
Old 03-13-2008, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

No offense.....it was a gun shop through and through when I was shopping there (bought a gun, there). Didn't shoot bows, then....but it didn't exactly seem very "bow friendly".....ifyaknowwhatimean. Nothing wrong with that. It was a gun shop.

Yeah what do I know.... I just worked there

Honestly one of my bigger regrets while working at that place was not springing $1000 + airfare from Charleston to Oregon to go to BowTech University. I seriously mean that. I think it would have been a good experience, and if I had sold the bow that I would have assembled and gotten to keep, it would have offset a lot of my expenses (I would have loved to of kept it, but lets call this what it is... its tough to live in Charleston, SC when you are fresh out of college and making $10.... a grand is a lot of money).

As to not seeming bow friendly, I suppose it all depends on what time period you were there. We always had at least 15 bows on the rack when I was there, and a small range in the back, but just for testing and tuning. Also had myself and another full-time tech on hands at any point of the week. Sure we weren't Lancaster, but if you wanted it we could probably have it in less than three working days... if we didn't have it there already. We bent over backwards for our customers, which is why CR&G is still in business while so many other shops came and went in that area.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't know what you think I'm saying, SC....but it's being misinterpreted. What I meant by "bow frinedly".....is I don't even remember (as a gun customer) even knowing they sold bow, there. I'm sure the staff was excellent. The gun staff was. I went in and ordered a LH A-Bolt and had it in a few days.

I'll never forget buying that gun, though. The guy that was helping me and I got a HUGE kick out of the first question on the questionnaire I had to fill out to purchase it:

1. Are you currently a fugitive from justice?

Are ya freakin kidding me?????
Old 03-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

OMG!!!!!! YOU bought a gun???? Was this before you learned how to floss cats teeth???
Old 03-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff..I just bought a <GASP> gun this weekend and I commented on that first question. He said I have hadpeople check yes. He went on to tell many things people do to the forms. He said one guy crossed out and reworded questions until he could answer them yes. Funny Stuff
Old 03-13-2008, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think its question# 5 that always gets me... Something about being a habitual drunkard ??[]

Quick Reply: Bowtech questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.