Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cool shot pic

Old 03-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Cool shot pic

Cool picture.

You might be seeing the start of a spin, after the arrow leaves the string. It shouldn't be spinning before then.

Nice miss Bowman. heh heh
Old 03-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did anybody ever watch the instructional DVD that came with the Buck Growl deer call? theres one scene where you can see the arrow spin straight into the deer it was awesome, expecially in slow mo.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Spinning... flexing.... It don't realy matter. ITs a very cool pic. I took one of a buddyyears ago and caught the arrow in flight. Its much harder to see than that though. I love pics like that anyway.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Host of Hosts

if it's spinning already before passing through the rest wouldn't that present a big problem? I don't think it's spinning quite yet
Old 03-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is a very cool picture.... but with the arrow nocked onto the string.... there is no physically possible way that the arrow could be spinning until it releases from the string, which would be an inch or so after it passes the resting/brace position.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

I'm with the rest of the guys that I'm not sure it is spinning,...but... (Flexing is a possibility but also the change in nock travel could account for the blur.)

It is one heck of a picture. I also like the bowfishing one. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry for the confusion, but I was just looking at the streak out from the riser and was assuming it was the arrow starting its spin. My reason for posting was just that I thought that it was a cool pic. I know that the arrow can't spin while on the nock or until it has left the string, I was refering to seeing 2 vanes before they get to the riser and only one shortly after. Is it spinning, I don't know, just thought it was cool!
Old 03-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: strutnbuck

Sorry for the confusion, but I was just looking at the streak out from the riser and was assuming it was the arrow starting its spin. My reason for posting was just that I thought that it was a cool pic. I know that the arrow can't spin while on the nock or until it has left the string, I was refering to seeing 2 vanes before they get to the riser and only one shortly after. Is it spinning, I don't know, just thought it was cool!
It is very cool!

I remember seeing some pictures somewhere on the net that a guy took on a low shudder speed of him shooting a lumenock right at dark... it was a frozen red rope all the way from the bow to the target... very cool stuff.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: strutnbuck

It is very cool!

I remember seeing some pictures somewhere on the net that a guy took on a low shudder speed of him shooting a lumenock right at dark... it was a frozen red rope all the way from the bow to the target... very cool stuff.
I saw that also! That was Kewl!!!

Dan