Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Cool Video! 74 yd. shot on a bear >

Cool Video! 74 yd. shot on a bear

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cool Video! 74 yd. shot on a bear

Old 09-03-2007, 05:52 AM

Default Cool Video! 74 yd. shot on a bear

I just saw this on myspace. Thought it was neat
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.channel&ChannelID=12 0951810

rick

Old 09-03-2007, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cool Video! 74 yd. shot on a bear

Personal opinion: what an idiot to take a shot like that, then admit it was a marginal hit in the guts. If they don't have dogs, they probably don't even find that bear. Ridiculous.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:00 AM
Typical Buck

I agree m00sedrool. That kind of shot and then the justification makes us look bad. Its not even good advertising for Aftershock. JMHO
Old 09-03-2007, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

Not to keen on the prospect of taking a 70 plus yard shot at a bear. To many things can go wrong. That bear heard the arrow coming through the air and was checking out. Guess that is why it hit the belly area. Not to ethical even if you can shoot that far at a target IMHO.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know anything about the shooter or his skills so its hard to completely flame the shot.Butfor the typical shooter thats nota very ethical or responsible shot thats for sure. Good thing they had tracking dogs. Glad they recovered the bear.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: m00sedrool

Personal opinion: what an idiot to take a shot like that, then admit it was a marginal hit in the guts. If they don't have dogs, they probably don't even find that bear. Ridiculous.
I have to agree. It's obvious he couldn't make the shot because if he could have, he would have. Way to many variables to go wrong on a very alert animal. Very poor decision to take the shot, very poor decision to video that shot, very poor decision to brag about the shot, very poor shot placement, very poor advertisement and very lucky hunter who should be thankful for tracking dogs.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: m00sedrool

I have to agree. It's obvious he couldn't make the shot because if he could have, he would have. Way to many variables to go wrong on a very alert animal. Very poor decision to take the shot, very poor decision to video that shot, very poor decision to brag about the shot, very poor shot placement, very poor advertisement and very lucky hunter who should be thankful for tracking dogs. I'm thinking of writing the broadhead co.
Couldn't of said it better...good post. Hunters come under enough scrutiny without adding fuel to the fire.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Banned

Cool Video, and a Bowtech Guardian nonetheless. It definately shows why the speed of sound at 1128 fps can't be beat even with the fastest and quietest bow.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not a bad looking broadhead tho. I was going to try one for free as advertised on their website until I saw the.....$7.95 for shipping and handling...LOL[&:][8D]
Old 09-03-2007, 07:46 AM

poor guy ..maybe he can get close next time . you can drive a car with your foot , but that dont mean you should .

we're all presented with marginal shots , using good judgment is sometimes clouded by the need to fill a tag, or in some cases , to make a video .

i've seen more than one video where the guy makes a bad shot.........one in perticular the guy says it was a bad shot , but its the only one i had . I dont watch this guy any more.

Quick Reply: Cool Video! 74 yd. shot on a bear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.