Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you take this shot? >

Would you take this shot?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you take this shot?

Old 03-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Would you take this shot?

ORIGINAL: Germ

The question is this:
If you shot one and the live one drags the dead one across the property line and then dies on your side of the line. Could you drag the one you shot back over?

I would have shot one, in MI we get two tags, I would have shot them both
Yet another situation ethics thread .... notice the, "if ....... then......" responses. Some said they would break the law and kill both ... some said they would kill both because it was legal ..... some said they would not shoot because it was illegal ........
I would shoot the biggest and call someone else to shoot the other one ... if that wasn't possible, I would call the GW and he could decide what happened .... another option would be to wait until the live one tires and cut of one of HIS horns ...... wild situation ...
Old 03-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you had a broken leg out on a desert island with no chance of getting medical attention and only a pistol...Would you do the "right" thing? Sounds wacky when we apply human logic huh?
OK GR8.....does the guy withthe cut off limbget to go to the hospital? Or....do we get to tell him to "just walk it off"?
I think the guy ona deserted island with no chance of medical attention would have to "walk it off".

With as much as states spend on tranquilizingpredatory animalsto relocate them away from cities, camp grounds, etc...I think that if needed they could tranquilize two deer in order to free their racks.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Bet that guy who got out from under the tractor is glad he don'thop past your stand on the way out of the field!
LOL
Old 03-05-2008, 12:47 PM

GR8 -You brought up something I've always wonderedabout. Just what is the lawfuldefinition of " taking refuge in water"? I've always assumed itreferred to animals swimming across a body of water, not walking or wading acrossbut you know what they say about" assume". Ken
Old 03-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

CC..I'm sure your right about the swimming thing. But I don't wanna be standing hip deep in water trying torecover a dead deer when the game warden comes by. His definition might be different.

ref·uge /ˈrɛfyudʒ/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ref[/b]-yooj]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciationnoun, verb, -uged, -ug·ing.
–noun

shelter or protection from danger, trouble, etc.: to take refuge from a storm.

a place of shelter, protection, or safety.

anything to which one has recourse for aid, relief, or escape. –verb (used with object)

Archaic. to afford refuge to. –verb (used without object)

Archaic. to take refuge. [/align]
[hr]

[/align][/align]
Old 03-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Man you guys are killers, I think ya'll are reading into it too much or not enough.

Perhaps the shot could have been taken before the refuge in water or one might surmise the they will get out of the water, or if a tree falls in the woods when no one is around, does it make a sound.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm pretty sure in NC they tell you how deep in the water a deer can be standing and be legally taken.

Who would EVER think that they'd stay locked, after the shot, though? FIRST thing I thought was gonna happen .....is they'd come loose. SECOND thing I halfway expected to see was another arrow loosed.

I am shootin.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

if a tree falls in the woods when no one is around, does it make a sound.
You know we gotta talk about something Rob...Beat all the scenerions o the ground!

If ya trespass and aren't caught was a crime committed??

Old 03-05-2008, 03:32 PM

not me wouldnt seem like a true kill i would call dnr and have them deal with it