Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you take this shot? >

Would you take this shot?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you take this shot?

Old 03-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you take this shot?

I suppose, I'd take some heat for it, but I'd shoot BOTH of them to end their misery, and I'd do that with full knowledge that I live in a ONE BUCK state. Because I believe it is the ethical, humane, and correct thing to do.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Typical Buck

i would have to say from the ethical stand point, that killing one and cut off the rack of the other would be the right but also, the truth is that no deer is going to stand still while you walk up to it with a hacksaw
Old 03-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

No question and I don't care how big or small they are. Either you shoot them and they die relatively quickly or you leave them and they die a long, agonizing death at the hands of starvation or coyotes. I'd hate to be the one trying to saw them apart if one was still kicking; so if it was a one buck area I'd call a buddy to shoot the other (I'd even take the smaller one). Fair chase or not, it's just the right/humane thing to do.
Exactly Not sure about the smaller one part though.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:00 PM

I would take the shoot but i would hope for a different outcome.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yup,I would.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

HMMM for those of you who said there are no legal issues. Would this not (as they stand) be the definition of taking refuge in water?

A condition in which it's illegal to shoot deer in both Ohio and PA that I know of. How about your State?

Also even if that wasn't a concern, would you not be just as worried that the one you shot would drag the other down and drown it?

I don't think I could do it. I really don't!

Old 03-05-2008, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd call F&G, I wouldn't feel right about killing one of them since I don't think it would give me a good memory to look back on about taking a really nice deer. After the call to F&G I may change my mind depending on what they say.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

yes...and i would shoot the other one if i had 2 tags
Old 03-05-2008, 08:50 AM

Id shoot the bigger one and then call a friend and have him sneek in and shoot the other one after he got wore out and got really tired
Old 03-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

HMMM for those of you who said there are no legal issues. Would this not (as they stand) be the definition of taking refuge in water?

A condition in which it's illegal to shoot deer in both Ohio and PA that I know of. How about your State?

Also even if that wasn't a concern, would you not be just as worried that the one you shot would drag the other down and drown it?

I don't think I could do it. I really don't!
So you would rather walk away knowing they were gonna die of slow death? THere is no question its against the law to shoot a deer in the water, just like some people state its against the law to shoot 2 buck but your doing the right thing! Another thing is how long would you watch them B-4 you determined they were not coming apart?

Quick Reply: Would you take this shot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.