Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you take this shot? >

Would you take this shot?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you take this shot?

Old 03-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you take this shot?

I'd shoot as well. What are the chances you will ever see that again in the woods? It'd probably be the end all story if you lived in a 2 buck state and had these guys both up on the wall.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

It did not appear to me that the alive buck could get free.Choice is kill the 2nd buck or not....Either way when I first looked...no doubt I would shoot. After I saw the video, it makes you think about the consequences if you make that shot.

IMO...legal or notI would be forcedto shoot them both because:
1. I can't see anybody cuttting the atlers off without getting hurt.
2. The buck that is alive will suffer if you do not kill it.
3. I always hunt with a friend that has a license

So, shot them both and enjoythe huntwith a buddy!
Old 03-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I found two very nice (both would have made the book) 8 pt deer locked together and dead in the pond behind the farm house this past fall. To be honest, assuming those deer could not separate (and I had to remove the heads and saw off a face before I got the two I found apart... no way they were coming loose)... assuming that, he did them a favor. No telling how long it takes a deer to die from exposure/starvation when encumbered by another deer.

In a situation where I found one or both of them stuck together and still alive.... hell I don't know what I'd do. Probably call the game warden and ask for advice????
Old 03-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah, I gotta shoot one of them just to get them free. Like was said, what a horrible death it would be for one or both if left to their own destiny. I live where you can shoot more than one buck in a day so I would do whatever I had to do to keep it as humane a situation as possible. My stomach actually flip flopped when he shot 'cause I was afraid the other one was going to drown, and I definitely didn't want to see that type of suffering. Call me crazy, but I see some pretty f'ed up stuff at work as far as peoples suffering and injuries go but it doesn't have anywhere near the effect on me that a suffering animal does.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:09 PM

We get two bucks tags here in Missouri, so that is an easy question for me. I would have taken both out and gotten a locked buck mount done like what was at the Illinois deer classic.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:12 PM

i wouldnt shoot em even though i dont have a problem with it, i would have some how try to get them free. I dont know it depends on the state too
Old 03-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Just seems like shooting a penned in critter to me.
I agree 100%, but I would still shoot it, and get someone else to get the other one asap. I would not do so in the spirit of hunting however, it would be euthanizing it as far as I am concerned. After freeing a trapped buck this past fall I never again will get in close proximity to a scared wild animal of that size again, its asking for trouble. Just end its pain/terror quickly.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

I wouldnt take the shot unless I have two tags or a friend of mine with me to take the other one.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would call a few friends to help with removing part of the antlers to free both of them alive. As exhausted as both deerwould have beenit could be done and has been done. Just a few months ago there were pics of two bull elk locked up and the game warden was able to freeboth elk alive.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with everyone about it but that was pretty pathetic IMO.

The dead deer at the end was the one that was shot. Both were alive at the begining of the video.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would only take the shot if one was an albino ... i dont know though, thats pretty a cheap shot to take, maybe if they were stuck together for a long time i would.

Quick Reply: Would you take this shot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.