Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 D-Loop Advice for 82nd Airborne owners >

D-Loop Advice for 82nd Airborne owners

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

D-Loop Advice for 82nd Airborne owners

Old 03-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Default D-Loop Advice for 82nd Airborne owners

After 5 attempts at trying to get a D-loop to stay seated on my 82nd, I think I have it whipped.

The advice.......BCY D-Loop material. I had 4 different shop techs (of whom I know 2, personally....and can vouch for their knowledge of all things "bow") tie on 4 different D-loops. Each time they would not stay seated....and would "spin" on the serving. I know there were at least 2 different type materials used.....but obviously not BCY.

I shot a 3D tournament on 2/24 and was MISERABLE. The D-loop was spinning badly. What a PITA.

I ordered some BCY material from LAS on Sunday evening....and tied my first loop this past Friday. Piece of cake....and it seated perfectly.

I contacted Bowtech about my issues (prior to ordering the BCY materials) and Pat replied that it might have something to do with the short stop. Makes sense to me.

If you have an 82nd......take all this with a grain of salt. If I were Bowtech.....I'd be telling my dealers that they may have some "issues" (albeit...int he scheme of things .....very minor) unless this material is used on the loops.

No dog in the fight. My first experience with BCY. I don't know a thing about them. No ties. GREAT stuff.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: D-Loop Advice for 82nd Airborne owners

Jeff, for what it's worth I've had issues with non-BCY loops on other bows as well. Once you get a BCY loop on there, they don't budge.

Good advice.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

Old 03-04-2008, 10:29 AM

I have had issues with some of the loop material I put on my Guardian as well. I dont think it has anything to do with the bow tho. If you are getting that thicker camo string put on it will spin all day long on my bow. That stuff is worthless. It is too thick and doesnt sinch down well enough. I use the stuff Gibblet sells , and it works really well. I'm not sure what that material is. A guy at the shop here put some wax on my loop material before he tied it and he said it would sinch it down better.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:34 AM

I've been having the EXACT issue w/ the loop on my Vectrix Plus as well, Jeff. I just ordered, Sunday, 2 packs of BCY material from her myself, hoping it would solve the issue. Sounds like it's going to.

I'm really beginning to NOT be a fan of that camo braided crap......[:@]
Old 03-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mobow

I've been having the EXACT issue w/ the loop on my Vectrix Plus as well, Jeff. I just ordered, Sunday, 2 packs of BCY material from her myself, hoping it would solve the issue. Sounds like it's going to.

I'm really beginning to NOT be a fan of that camo braided crap......[:@]
Exactly mobow,

All one needs to do is go to the archery classifieds section of our forums and order the BCY Loop material from redhdcharm, here's the link, she's a first class lady with a first class product. I ordered from her and am about to again just to have some more on hand. Here's the link: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2471478

And Jeff, I won't say it. [8D]
Old 03-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I even had issues on my slow old Ally.. [&o]Played heck getting it tight enough!

Jeff why don't you just cut your losses on that bow and make me a deal!
Old 03-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Told you so?
Old 03-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Jeff why don't you just cut your losses on that bow and make me a deal!
Didnt you know?? Im Jeffs "old bow" beneficiary.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

Jeff, for what it's worth I've had issues with non-BCY loops on other bows as well. Once you get a BCY loop on there, they don't budge.

Good advice.
I've used BCY on loops I tie for guys for years because of problems with the others. Me, I don't use a loop

Dan

Quick Reply: D-Loop Advice for 82nd Airborne owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.