Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trophy Hunting    "Do you do it" >

Trophy Hunting "Do you do it"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trophy Hunting "Do you do it"

Old 02-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trophy Hunting "Do you do it"

I guess you could say I am a trophy hunter. I want to shoot a red fox and have it mounted. I would also like to get a skunk. Of course, I will be wasting the meat since I do not eat fox or skunk.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt for amature buck. My personal standard is a 4 year old or older or 130" rack. I do this for a personal challenge. These goals are set by what I have a realistic chance to accomplish in the area I hunt. I also believe that each hunter should set their own goals and that all other hunters should respect them. I am also a meat hunter. I wait until muzzleloader or late bow season to fill my doe tags. This part of my hunt is becoming my favorite time in the woods.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:19 AM
N2D

I used to live in Idaho where many out of staters come to hunt. One year an out of stater shot an elk and left it where it fell. The fish and game tracked this guy down all the way to California as if he commited murder. The fines were unreal and he lost his right to hunt.

As far as trophy hunting goes, a trophy is in the eyes of the beholder. I hunt for the meat and the sport,
andwill not shoot a small buck or a fawn. If a shooter buck comes my way that is a bonus.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: remington_girl

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

No, because its unethical and not true hunting. You kill only what you eat. Not for a head. Senseless killing gets right on my nerves.

However my first kill I would also take the head aswell as with themeatto symbolise my "first one"

There are many so called American "trophy hunters" that come to Scotland purely to get a big red stag and leave the meat. People like that should not come here if they're going to act like idiots and disgrace our hunting heritage.
I eat every deer I shoot. If it's a trophy buck or a doe. Your assumption that trophy hunters waste the meat is ignorant!
Shame on you for calling trophy hunters unethical.

If I ever come to Scotland to hunt I will plan to stay there until I comsume the entire stag. Maybe you can supply me with a place to stay while I accomplish this goal.
The majority of people who come here are ignorant and only want trophies. I have nothing to be shameful about.

Most places you go to actually prepare the meat for you but they never seem to want it and most stay for about 4 weeks.

To kill atrophy buck is fine but I hate to see the meat go to waste when there is fine meat there.

When I go to MS for 2 weeks I will eat what meat i can but when I have to return home I will give it to my extended family over there as good will.
Sounds to me like somebody hangs around with a lot of people who waste meat. I bet that there are a lot more groceries wasted in a years time than meat that is taken from the field by hunters.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, I'm not out to get just any buck. It will be a trophy in some way to me.Maybe because of the Horns or the Hunt or the PeopleI am surrounded by.

As for Rem Girl and her anti American spewing that comes out in nearly every post. I've been to Scotland overall a very nice and accepting people. They are very Jealous of the US though. (for good reason too I might admit!)
Old 02-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes I am a trophy hunter....and meat hunter (Only does for meat)in the late season!

I dont want to harvest any buck that grosses under 140".
Old 02-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

No, because its unethical and not true hunting. You kill only what you eat. Not for a head. Senseless killing gets right on my nerves.

However my first kill I would also take the head aswell as with themeatto symbolise my "first one"

There are many so called American "trophy hunters" that come to Scotland purely to get a big red stag and leave the meat. People like that should not come here if they're going to act like idiots and disgrace our hunting heritage.
I eat every deer I shoot. If it's a trophy buck or a doe. Your assumption that trophy hunters waste the meat is ignorant!
Shame on you for calling trophy hunters unethical.

If I ever come to Scotland to hunt I will plan to stay there until I comsume the entire stag. Maybe you can supply me with a place to stay while I accomplish this goal.
The majority of people who come here are ignorant and only want trophies. I have nothing to be shameful about.

Most places you go to actually prepare the meat for you but they never seem to want it and most stay for about 4 weeks.

To kill atrophy buck is fine but I hate to see the meat go to waste when there is fine meat there.

When I go to MS for 2 weeks I will eat what meat i can but when I have to return home I will give it to my extended family over there as good will.
What are they ignorant about? How much meat would be an acceptable amount to eat in 4 weeks? A pound a day would still only be 28 lbs. are you saying that after they kill the animal and prepare to return home that if they can't ship it they "waste" it? How do they do that? Do they throw it on the ground, leave it at the airport, hide it in their room when they leave? It seems that the place they are hunting should have some knowledge of local places the meat could be used or donated as most of the hunters probably don't have extended family to leave it with over there,kind of likethe Hunters for the Hungry organization in the states.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I personally don't consider myself a trophy hunter, but by passing on small bucks, most would label me that.

And regarding the scotland red stag stuff, Some places it is VERY difficult to bring foreign meat into the states. AND I;m sure the stag is still eaten by someone. Look at african hunting, they feel all the local villagers with the stuff they shoot. I wonder if I am a scumbag when I shoot a doe and donate it to the food bank for homeless people
Old 02-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Yes, I'm not out to get just any buck. It will be a trophy in some way to me.Maybe because of the Horns or the Hunt or the PeopleI am surrounded by.

As for Rem Girl and her anti American spewing that comes out in nearly every post. I've been to Scotland overall a very nice and accepting people. They are very Jealous of the US though. (for good reason too I might admit!)
I wouldn't go that far to say everyone is jealous of America. There a good things about here too that I would miss if I moved to the USA. I am happy here other than climate issue of our mild summers and wet winters, nothing else. Im proud of my heritage and I think Scotland has done really well for itself considering we're a small country.

And Im not Anti-American, if that were so I wouldn't have been dating one for nearly 3 years and go over there on holiday alot.

Funny how every American I speak to in work (Airport)wants to move to Scotland and prefers it here. Everyone has their own views i suppose.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

My brother has been stationed in Germay for 10 years, his wife is German/Russian and whenever she visits she talks about how America this and America that, and you think you are the greatest country in the world. I mean she is a full on Hater. I just tell her thank you for the Stoli's and Bratswurst, bothare pretty good, other thanthose two thingsI wouldn't really care much about Russia or Germany.(sarcasm)

Quick Reply: Trophy Hunting "Do you do it"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.