Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trophy Hunting    "Do you do it" >

Trophy Hunting "Do you do it"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trophy Hunting "Do you do it"

Old 02-29-2008, 09:44 AM

Default Trophy Hunting "Do you do it"

Do you consider yourself a trophy hunter? And what do you consider as trophy hunting?
Old 02-29-2008, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trophy Hunting "Do you do it"

No, because its unethical and not true hunting. You kill only what you eat. Not for a head. Senseless killing gets right on my nerves.

However my first kill I would also take the head aswell as with themeatto symbolise my "first one"

There are many so called American "trophy hunters" that come to Scotland purely to get a big red stag and leave the meat. People like that should not come here if they're going to act like idiots and disgrace our hunting heritage.
Nontypical Buck

I consider myself a trophy hunter. The reason I say that is because I will not shoot a small buck, but instead wait for a mature buck or take no buck at all. With that being said, I will and do shoot as many does as I cantake. I do that because I like having some deer in the freezer and a doe does a great job filling that freezer space.
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: remington_girl

No, because its unethical and not true hunting. You kill only what you eat. Not for a head. Senseless killing gets right on my nerves.

However my first kill I would also take the head aswell as with themeatto symbolise my "first one"

There are many so called American "trophy hunters" that come to Scotland purely to get a big red stag and leave the meat. People like that should not come here if they're going to act like idiots.
LMAO...brilliant!
Old 02-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

NOPE........to me any kill is a trophy in my book.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Badger_Girl93

There are many so called American "trophy hunters" that come to Scotland purely to get a big red stag and leave the meat. People like that should not come here if they're going to act like idiots.
LMAO...brilliant!
Can I ask what you find so amusing about my post?
Old 02-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

LMAO...brilliant!
All of it.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

LMAO...brilliant!
All of it.
Why? Do you not agree? I am just curious to find out why it is that funny when I do not find anything amusing from it. Because I am deadly serious

Old 02-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are many so called American "trophy hunters" that come to Scotland purely to get a big red stag and leave the meat. People like that should not come here if they're going to act like idiots and disgrace our hunting heritage.
I eat every deer I shoot. If it's a trophy buck or a doe. Your assumption that trophy hunters waste the meat is ignorant!
Shame on you for calling trophy hunters unethical.

If I ever come to Scotland to hunt I will plan to stay there until I comsume the entire stag. Maybe you can supply me with a place to stay while I accomplish this goal.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are many so called American "trophy hunters" that come to Scotland purely to get a big red stag and leave the meat.
I find this very odd.. since in almost every area of the U.S. and Canada its illegal to waste the meat. You have to take nearly all of it after you kill it.

Are you sure its the americans and not just the Irish.[8D]

Quick Reply: Trophy Hunting "Do you do it"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.