Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Cover Scent Question? >

Cover Scent Question?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cover Scent Question?

Old 03-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Cover Scent Question?

ORIGINAL: mlo31351270

Deer are able to decipher and identify many scents at one time. A cover scent will do nothing to cover a human scent. It will only add another scent for the deer to identify.
I agree with this.
X2

I have a ritual I go through everytime I go to hunting. I shower with Dead Down Wind, seem to have great luck with it, I never put on my outer hunting clothes until I get out of the truck at the parking lot, I always keep my outer wear in a plastic bag, I never wear my rubber boots anywhere other than the deer woods, they also stay in a plastic bag all year, and I always hunt the wind. Since I started this regiment I've had much better luck at getting close to deer. The only time I got busted this year, I thought I would try Deer Dander due to some of the stuff I had been reading on here. IMO, it's another scent to put other deer on alert! I'll never use it again.
With Dead Down Wind, you are trying to make yourself invisible in the woods concerning scent.

I also believe different people will emit stronger odors than other people depending on the foods eaten and other factors.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Baking soda best stuff around.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just kick the leaves away from the bottom of your tree. Fresh earth the original, cant beat it.