Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My thoughts on leasing >

My thoughts on leasing

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My thoughts on leasing

Old 02-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: My thoughts on leasing

Don't pay it. Let the outfitters lease it; trespass on it all of the time, pay the lousy $50 trespass fine,(if you get caught, sheriffs don't have all day to runaround chasing trespass hunting ground lease calls) and pretty soon the outfitter is sick of the deer ran off, he refuses to lease anymore as his clients aren't seeing any deer, and the land goes back to a knock on the door. PROBLEM SOLVED.
Man I cannot wait to read what is next, LOL Now your suggesting to break the law so you can have good hunting, but god forbid some one spend their money and do it legally[&:] I say this is like arguing with my wife, but she makes more sense[8D]
Old 02-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

Hardcore....didn't you and the Mrs. PAY to go on a bear hunt? In essence you just paid to lease that land albeit of only the duration of the hunt.

Sounds a little hypocritical.......

Well we had an opportunity that fell into our laps and and we had to take it. A buddy let me know that he has a bearhunt that is for two hunters in Canada that is a $2900 hunt, but we can take it for $1200 as he can't go. Cabin, food, everything except our booze; the SUPER DELUXE PACKAGE!!! Hoytgirl is going on her 1st bear hunt and this will be my 7th. I love bear hunting; quite a rush to see a bear walk in. We will be using archery equipment of course. I contacted the bearguide and checked out his website and it looks like a great place with references provided. We will be hunting Sept 2nd thru the 8th. WE ARE GOING

So it's OK for you to PAY for a bear hunt and thus ADDING to the ever growing problem of land leases YET you denounce leases....Huh

Go ahead and lease all you want, but I believe you are cutting your own throats in the long run. It is a no win, greed for ground situation, that can have no positive outcome on huntingIMO
One can easily say "go ahead and PAY an outfitter to hunt, that will only add to more land tracts being purchased for lease and outfitters, therefore cutting our own throats in the long run" right?

Let me guess.....Paying for a bear hunt doesn't count right.

If a farmer wants to lease HIS land then he has the right, if an outfitter wants to SELL hunts HE has the right. They BOTH go hand in hand and for some it works for others it doesn't, it doesn't make it wrong or evil...it's capitalism.

I did miss this post. Answer, CANADA REQUIRES AN OUTFITTER TO DO ANY TYPE OF HUNTING BY NONRESIDENTS.
So why pay, in MI you can bear hunt for free Hell HCH I would let you use our cabin and save you some cash. Instead you leased land and added to the problem, thx

Serious if you want to bear hunt, I have a place for you to stay. And 1 million acers to hunt on for free. Just cut a load wood for the fire place
That's your answer.....
CANADA REQUIRES AN OUTFITTER TO DO ANY TYPE OF HUNTING BY NONRESIDENTS
That's as hypocritical as you can get! It STILL adds to the problem! You know...the problem you're so adamant about?

As Germ said there are PLENTY of places to hunt bear.....without paying! Lots of public land.....I hear there's a lot in New Mexico.

Why didn't you just go knock on someones door and ask?? Maybe a cord or two of wood later and you'd be in like flint.
Try again. Hunting bears in Canada isn't adding to any problem. Get your facts. Local Canadians don't hunt bears, only US hunters. It helps the local Canadians with a service. I don't have anything bad to say about outfitters ,never have, and this thread isn't a n outfitter thread. I do plan on hunting in NM for bear. You seemto be infactuated with NM or me.You seem to watch my every post and it is a little creapy to tell you the truth. I am happily married and not interested. Thanks.
HCH, Don't you think that the leases in small town midwestern states help with their economy?
Get a clue already. Head up to Pike County this gun season, you will not see an Illinois tag around, out-of-state hunters. They eat in the small towns, buy gas, as well as a bunch of other things. They can do this because ground was leased. Illinois has figured out that the State can make a killing on out-of-state hunters, offer farmers and land owners will new income possibilites, as well as help small struggling economies. I am not saying that I like the prices that are being charged, but it is pretty clear that this is not a bad thing. Furthermore, you are now admitting you do the same thing, just outside of the country. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I use an outfitter to hunt bears in Canada and am not taking any bear hunting ground away for the residents. My outfitter in MN hunted on state ground. My hunts didn't affect the locals' loss of easy access hunting ground. Big difference.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Banned

As Jeff says..........I'm just saying.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does that load of wood or spray job have a value? Then you are paying, no different than if you giving them cash. I would be glad to help out any way I can, but the truth is, helping out around the farm does not compare to $10,000 cash. I love the fact that you can only see things one way. Must be nice to walk thru life with blinders on.
$10,0000 CASH. WTF. Who leases land for $10,000?????? My favorite place to hunt in IA is a 30 acre parcel. Theowner contacted me andasked me if I would like to hunt it. I appreciated the offer, brought a couple of loads of wood to his house to show my appreciation, and in like flint. He didn't require payment and I didn't have to cut wood. Friendship.

You are acting like the only way to pay the bills with land is lease it out.BS bigtime with that statement. It is just something that a landowner started doing cause greedy guys walked up in the past and offered to buy their way onto the land or one neighbor talked to another and told him how he just leased his land. Like I said, past generations didn't lease their hunting grounds out to hunters so don't tell me it is the only way a guy can make it today and a necessity for a landowner to do.
Thanks for proving my point about the blinders hardcore. You say WTF for a $10,000 lease. Let me tell you, that price and A LOT higher leases are plentiful in Illinois. The average rate in Pike, Adams, Greene, Calhoun and others is between $50 and $60 an acre for prime ground. You do the math. It does not take many acres to start adding up really quick. And the local hunter like myself is not the one paying those prices, it is the outfitters. Like I said in my earlier post, I payed $1500 for a piece of property that had less that 15 acres of timber. The next year an outfitter came in and price me out of the game. The bad thing it, they did not lease it to hunt, but leased it so I could not because it bordered some of their prime ground. Your 30 acre tract you talk about would cost you at least $2000 in Illinois if it was any good at all and $1500 if it was a piece of garbage. I have seen wooded creek lines go for $2000. I suggest you start looking around on the web at some of the leasing companies before you start WTFing people. Get a real idea, some facts and then come again.
Don't pay it. Let the outfitters lease it; trespass on it all of the time, pay the lousy $50 trespass fine,(if you get caught, sheriffs don't have all day to runaround chasing trespass hunting ground lease calls) and pretty soon the outfitter is sick of the deer ran off, he refuses to lease anymore as his clients aren't seeing any deer, and the land goes back to a knock on the door. PROBLEM SOLVED.
I hope what HCH had to say was a joke here. If not, it tells me all I need to know about him. I guess I should have figured out that when he wants to damn me and anyone else for leasing, but HCH will go pay outfitters to hunt on their land. HCH, you are a quality person, and Germ is a way bigger guy than myself for inviting you on a hunt. HCH, you pass judgement on people without even the simpliest understanding of what is going on only to find out that you yourself have used outfitters (WHICH IS WHERE THE PROBLEM STARTED), and then suggest trespassing as a solution to local hunter who don't have a place to hunt. I would not share the woods, fields or waters with a person like you. Someone said something about Miller time, and I think that is a GREAT idea.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Banned

Man I cannot wait to read what is next, LOL Now your suggesting to break the law so you can have good hunting, but god forbid some one spend their money and do it legally[&:] I say this is like arguing with my wife, but she makes more sense[8D]
BTW; don't speed on the way to your deer stand as that is illegal and the fine is higher in most cases and it also raises your insurance rates and costs morethan the above mentioned item. Makes you wonder huh?
Old 02-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Banned

Does that load of wood or spray job have a value? Then you are paying, no different than if you giving them cash. I would be glad to help out any way I can, but the truth is, helping out around the farm does not compare to $10,000 cash. I love the fact that you can only see things one way. Must be nice to walk thru life with blinders on.
$10,0000 CASH. WTF. Who leases land for $10,000?????? My favorite place to hunt in IA is a 30 acre parcel. Theowner contacted me andasked me if I would like to hunt it. I appreciated the offer, brought a couple of loads of wood to his house to show my appreciation, and in like flint. He didn't require payment and I didn't have to cut wood. Friendship.

You are acting like the only way to pay the bills with land is lease it out.BS bigtime with that statement. It is just something that a landowner started doing cause greedy guys walked up in the past and offered to buy their way onto the land or one neighbor talked to another and told him how he just leased his land. Like I said, past generations didn't lease their hunting grounds out to hunters so don't tell me it is the only way a guy can make it today and a necessity for a landowner to do.
Thanks for proving my point about the blinders hardcore. You say WTF for a $10,000 lease. Let me tell you, that price and A LOT higher leases are plentiful in Illinois. The average rate in Pike, Adams, Greene, Calhoun and others is between $50 and $60 an acre for prime ground. You do the math. It does not take many acres to start adding up really quick. And the local hunter like myself is not the one paying those prices, it is the outfitters. Like I said in my earlier post, I payed $1500 for a piece of property that had less that 15 acres of timber. The next year an outfitter came in and price me out of the game. The bad thing it, they did not lease it to hunt, but leased it so I could not because it bordered some of their prime ground. Your 30 acre tract you talk about would cost you at least $2000 in Illinois if it was any good at all and $1500 if it was a piece of garbage. I have seen wooded creek lines go for $2000. I suggest you start looking around on the web at some of the leasing companies before you start WTFing people. Get a real idea, some facts and then come again.
I hope what HCH had to say was a joke here. If not, it tells me all I need to know about him. I guess I should have figured out that when he wants to damn me and anyone else for leasing, but HCH will go pay outfitters to hunt on their land. HCH, you are a quality person, and Germ is a way bigger guy than myself for inviting you on a hunt. HCH, you pass judgement on people without even the simpliest understanding of what is going on only to find out that you yourself have used outfitters (WHICH IS WHERE THE PROBLEM STARTED), and then suggest trespassing as a solution to local hunter who don't have a place to hunt. I would not share the woods, fields or waters with a person like you. Someone said something about Miller time, and I think that is a GREAT idea.
And I would not share with a pro leaser either that is in favor of the guys in the state losing their hunting grounds to outfitters for nonresidents. I'll bet your neighbors and fellow hunters in the state are proud of you. BTW;Watch the drinking and driving, it is illegal with your miller time.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

going going gone

I have decide to only speed in one state, NM. IF people act like you, I want get the hell out of there[8D]

Actually I am hunting Elk in 2009 or 10 in NM, Public land DIY[:-]
Old 02-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

unbelieveable, i leave for work around page ten, i get there and now its on 19 [X(]unbelievable, the saga continues
Old 02-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

unbelieveable, i leave for work around page ten, i get there and now its on 19 [X(]unbelievable, the saga continues
Do you want the crib notes

Old 02-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ill pass, my head will explode

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Do you want the crib notes

Quick Reply: My thoughts on leasing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.