Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need a little help to support bowtech....! >

Need a little help to support bowtech....!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need a little help to support bowtech....!

Old 02-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need a little help to support bowtech....!

Ok....so i go into my local bowshop....I personaly know the owner and he is awesome.

I mention bowtech and ask why he doesnt carry them anymore......he simply says "Theyre crap now" He says that they used to make good bows and now he says they have design flaws and every new one brought into his shop has had cam problems.....he said that all of the screws and bolts that hold the cam together have been an issue and have fallen out when they were shot. He even has tried to loc tite them but they have still fallen out. SO he doesnt sell them and doesnt promote them.....I just dont know if its a coincidence and every one hes had in his shop, (note that he doesnt sell them) has had issues. According to him bowtech USED -to be a great company and they USED have good products. Now everyone i have shot i have been pleased with......I really like the guy and couldnt buy a bow from anywhere but him so i really want him to carry them......

Any help is appreciated!!!

THANKS!
Old 02-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need a little help to support bowtech....!

Go into a hoyt shop and ask why they dont sell matthews... go into a matthews and ask why they dont sell hoyt, go into a bowtech and ask why they dont sell pse....etc... thats my theory..

Its all about the marketing...
Old 02-24-2008, 08:05 PM

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

Go into a hoyt shop and ask why they dont sell matthews... go into a matthews and ask why they dont sell hoyt, go into a bowtech and ask why they dont sell pse....etc... thats my theory..

Its all about the marketing...
I agree, but he said that he used to carry them though so i dont know
Old 02-24-2008, 08:09 PM

The theory holds true. It's a line of BS that he gave you.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:14 PM

Idk I personally know the bowtech dealer I go through and I haven't heard anything like that from anyone buying new bows from there. He deals Bowtech, PSE, Alpine, and others and trys to promote them equally but bowtech seems to be performing much better than the other companies and its what the customers want. Back to the question thats kinda scary that thats happening there compared to other places and they lost a good company because of it. What kind of bow does your owner personally shoot?
Old 02-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

What bows does he sell now?
Old 02-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

As an engineer by day I will just state my "opinion". Even though I am a Hoyt guy I now well enough matthews, bowtech and all the others still make sweet bows.

An engineering philosophy....As new designs come out and changes are made companies undergo flaws during the initial design phase...(((they hope to catch them in the prototype phase)))..In order for a company to learn on how they need to improve their design they need to make mistakes..in turn...they can react and correct the cause of the problem.

My guess would be that...Bowtech has a problem hidden in their design that "some" customers may experience.....The flaw may only be seen at1500 arrows or on certain models...I do not have any doubt that Bowtech will correct their issue and move forward...all the big bow makers suffer the same thing.....Its like my situation....I had a Matthews 32 that ate strings like crazy...so I sold and bought a Hoyt and had zero problems...I think the experiences lay within each hunters experience...but the final outcome is "all" of the big bow makers make sweet bows....My engineering sense...and only my opinion.

Its possible Bowtech is seeing a problem they just didn't catch during prototype....remember.....its a competitive market and the rate at which these companies are rolling out new design is just insane....when you're racing to be the best its tough to insure 100% quality...As a Hoyt only guy......I still say.....Give some love to Bowtech!
Old 02-24-2008, 08:24 PM

Don't forget that Bowtech is litterally killing the competition right now too. So it's not unlikely for any pro shop owner that DOESN'T sell Bowtech to say such things. Also keep in mind that the Pro Shops are pretty small and they need your business. So what do you think they are going to say? "Oh yeah, don't shop here, go and get a Bowtech"! I don't think so. Now watch if he drops Matthews and starts carrying Bowtech next year then see what he says, hypothetically. Just sayin'.....
Old 02-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

He carrys Mathews, Martin, Whisper Creek, Mission (made by Mathews), and lots of recurves and longbows....
Old 02-24-2008, 08:42 PM

"He carrys Mathews"

You just found your answer.

Quick Reply: Need a little help to support bowtech....!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.