Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need a little help to support bowtech....! >

Need a little help to support bowtech....!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need a little help to support bowtech....!

Old 02-24-2008, 08:46 PM

Default RE: Need a little help to support bowtech....!

ive been shooting my guardian in -35 degree weather i dont see no problem nor hear any problems with the bow.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok.....so let me ask this......Has ANYONE HERE had ANY problems with there bowtech?
Old 02-24-2008, 08:58 PM

I agree, its all about $. The shop owner doesn't carry BowTech for some reason, and seeing as how BowTech is going to be his biggest competitor against the bows that he is currently selling..... of course he is going to down talk them so he can try to make more money!

As far as problems go, out of all the BowTech I have had, I had one (a 04 Liberty) that had a limb crack, and what did BowTech do to fix this? They gave me a 2005 Allegiance free of cost That is the kind of customer service that is unheard of and the service that has kept me a loyal fan of BowTech! Out of all my buddies who have owned multiple BowTechs, I am the only one that has ever had a single problem. Heck, my one good buddy just switched to BowTech after the limb on his Drenalin cracked.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Fork Horn

$ is usually the reason. One problem with pro shops and bowtech is there is no proprietaty boundries. The smaller shops have to have a slightly higher mark up on their bows because they dont do alot of volume or buy as large of orders as chain stores. Since bowtech will sell through anyone alot of the smaller shops cant compete in that market.

Rogue
Old 02-25-2008, 05:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Smaller shops, heck most shops, can't carry them all. Oh they start out that way but soon find what's selling best in their market. They then decide which ones to cut. Carrying cost of inventory and all that figure in. The Bowtechs don't have all the issues he stated. ALL bows have issues at times. He talks them down because he doesn't carry them and of course pushes HIS bows by saying someone elses is broke. It might also be that something happened between he and Bowtech and they pulled the line. People who don't have Mathews don't have them usually because Mathews protects it's existing dealers. In doing so they often don't have the best shops but that's the way they do business. And yup, I bet if he's a Mathews dealer Bowtech won't give him the line. There is a shop down in Baltimore that has always carried only Mathews. He said he was going to go after the Bowtech line. Why, because it's the hottest selling line going. Guess what, Bowtech told him we don't need you.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator

Maybe he lost his dealership with Bowtech.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like there is more to the story than you are getting, perhaps a falling out with Bowtech. The shop I go to sells Bowtech, Hoyt, Mathews, Bear, and Ross. USed to sell PSE but the rep they have for that territory is a total jerk, sp the owner pulled PSE from the shelves. Right now, Bowtech is the #1 seller in the shop. 2 years ago it was the Switchback XT, last year was the Vectrix, this year, the entire Bowtech line really. My guess, sour grapes from your shop owner. WIth the bows he is selling, it isn't surprising. I'm on my third Bowtech without any screws falling out or limbs breaking or any other parts flying off.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with the above He probably had some sort of falling out with Bowtech. That being said there is no company out there that is imune to having a few problems. Here where I live there are several "Pro" shops within 25 miles of me and each one hypes a different company. One that I used to go to all the time for years pushed nothing but Darton and anything else was junk then they changed to High Country then to Mountaineer then to Mathews and I noticed the other day they dont even sell Darton anymore. I personally feel that nearly all the company's today make good products some may be a little faster some quiter or less vibaration. We should first figure the top amount we can afford then when possible shoot as many bows as possible, ask as many questions as we can and find out about the warranties on any thing we plan to buy.
As with anything else with people it is always my truck is better then yours my dog is better whatever the bottom line to me is how that new bow feels in my hand when I shoot it and how I feel when I shoot it. Never buy a bow that you can shoot some places will let you pull them but dont let you shoot it any new bow feels good in your hands so always demand to shoot it not just once but several times.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok guys....thanks.....i was sure that there couldnt have been that many problems since i have shot quite a few of bowtechs bows and I liked them!

Old 02-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like BowTech and your dealer may have had a little falling out. If BowTech decided to terminate his dealership would you expect him to tell you that BowTechs are still sweet bows but I don't sell them anymore or hear that whatever he is selling is superior to the product you're really interested in? I'm sure with all the BowTech shooters here they'd be complaining about cam problems and loose screws right on this forum.

Quick Reply: Need a little help to support bowtech....!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.