Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Peep Tubing........ >

Peep Tubing........

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peep Tubing........

Old 02-19-2008, 11:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Peep Tubing........

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Dan (WH)I hope you got your battery thing lined out

Dan
I did, sort of.

Suffice it to say I'm sitting on my bedroom floor with the charger plugged in and a book propped against it with a dumbell behind that to keep constant pressure on it. [&:]

PITA, but it works for now.

That's good!! I'd hate to see a goodcontributing member be lost to a battery. Take care!

Dan
Old 02-19-2008, 11:16 PM

Yeah BigJ, its safe to say you've hit a nerve.

Maybe its because its difficult to interpret the attitude of someone through posts on a forum, but its safe to say you're coming off (to me anyway) as pretty arrogant/cocky in this thread. I'm not a afraid to admit it, and I'm not saying it as an attempt to insult or attack you. Hopefully you don't take it that way.

The way you seem to be posting (again, to me)is from a position where you're shooting down what everyone says if they disagree or don't answer your questions directly. Go back and reread your replies to the majority of the posters. Maybe you'll see it, maybe you won't. But thats where I stand with it, and thats why this'll be the last post I make in this thread. If you have any questions or comments about what I've said, feel free to PM me. I don't wish to hijack your thread further.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:20 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

My last post on this thread

The question has been answered BigJ. You seem to want everyone to agree with your reason whythe biggest % ofTV hunters use tubed peeps. I think several have given their thoughts on that subject including me.

Bottom Line a poorly set up tubed peep will fail, and a poorly setup tubeless peep will also fail.
Both setup correctly will perform as intended. Use what you want or what gives you confidence.

I'm not sure how many years I've shot tubeless or how many animals I've killed with my setup, but I can tell you that not having a tube on my Peep has cost me Zero animals. Evidently you have the same success with your tubed peep as well. I am happy and you should be also instead of wondering why everyone else doesn't shoot a tubed peep like you and most of the TV hunters.

Dan
Dan,

This is a DISCUSSION thread, where are the rules that say after a couple memberspost what their perceived answer is, I have to end it????

I'm glad you never lost an animal due to your peep and I hope that continues. It may (or may not) surprise you to learn that I shot a tubeless peep on at least one of my bows for many years now. I've even given away a Meta peep on one of my give aways after I took it off my bow. I'm no stranger to tubeless peeps, I just was opening up a discussion as to why the TV and Video folks (for the most part) use a tube style. I have my theory's, sure they may be right butthey may be wrong too, that's why I started this in the first place.

I'm not the one getting bent out of shape here....well I am but that's because the art of reading and comprehension seems to have flown the coop today. not because of the theories proposed.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:28 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Yeah BigJ, its safe to say you've hit a nerve.

Maybe its because its difficult to interpret the attitude of someone through posts on a forum, but its safe to say you're coming off (to me anyway) as pretty arrogant/cocky in this thread. I'm not a afraid to admit it, and I'm not saying it as an attempt to insult or attack you. Hopefully you don't take it that way.

The way you seem to be posting (again, to me)is from a position where you're shooting down what everyone says if they disagree or don't answer your questions directly. Go back and reread your replies to the majority of the posters. Maybe you'll see it, maybe you won't. But thats where I stand with it, and thats why this'll be the last post I make in this thread. If you have any questions or comments about what I've said, feel free to PM me. I don't wish to hijack your thread further.
No Dan, I "shot back" at you and others not for the subject matter but because my question(s) weren't answered and I'm not talking about indirectly either Dan, I'm talking about not at all. In your case you took it as far as to not only NOT answer my question but to ASK one in it's place.Have you ever heard the saying "Never answer a question with a question"?

Oops, there I go being arrogant and cocky again.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:02 AM
Fork Horn

BigJ I am sorry I didnt read all the replies on this post but I will tell you why I don't use tubing on my bow. It's one more thing to go wrong. I spend alot of time hunting the brush and would constantly be tearing them off. I even slipped last year climbing a rock bluff and snapped the stud to my stabilizer off, what a bummer. So no tubing or drop away rests the less I have on there the less I have to break. LOL

Rogue
Old 02-20-2008, 01:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let me buy you all a drink