Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Peep - with or withou tubing? >

Peep - with or withou tubing?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Peep - with or withou tubing?

Old 09-22-2002, 09:45 PM

Default Peep - with or withou tubing?

I'm curious who uses a peep with and without tubing and why...

I recently replaced my string and had a Shurz-a-peep (no tubing) put on. This is the one that uses three bundles of string on the sides. I realized today that it is rotating and causing some issues with my sight picture, so I'm thinking of going back to the tubing. I realize that I'll loose a couple fps, but I don't think that's a big deal. My main concern is low light hunting situations.

Any advice?
Old 09-23-2002, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Peep - with or withou tubing?

I have used both and I hate the tubing what I do now is I have a string loop and no tube just a plain peep and after the string gets all its stretch out the peep turns just right. I have used this method for several years now with no problems..
Old 09-23-2002, 12:25 PM

Brian,

I use the Shurz a Peep without any problems. The trick is that you have to play with it to get the strand bundles correct so it rolls up clear to your eye. It sometimes takes a few shots in the bow press to get it right. I hate the tubing arrangement, too much of a chance of getting an eye injury if it breaks the wrong way.

Aim Hard!
Old 09-23-2002, 01:35 PM

I likethe shurz a peep 2X2
works really nice

Old 09-23-2002, 06:16 PM

Moonge, what's the 2x2? All I know of is the one that uses 3 string bundles...
Old 09-23-2002, 07:56 PM

I shot tubing for a few years, then went to the '3 bundle, no tubing, wagon wheel' which I hated so much I went back to the tubing.

Last December I got a new bow with a Winners Choice string - this thing has no stretch and I installed a peep that takes 1/2 the bundle to each side - after about a week if the peep isn't coming back straight then a small twist in the press will line her up perfect.

After I get the peep squared away I put a drop of super glue on my string loop so both are straigh as an arrow - the peep comes straight back and so does the loop..

In short - I'd advise you to get a WC bowstring (the seperate the bundles in 1/2 at the factory), install a split bundle peep, and loop.

Aim small miss small
Old 09-23-2002, 08:10 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-24-2002, 03:30 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-24-2002, 06:40 AM

I have a peep with the tubing. I was shooting the other day and noticed that my peep is always aligned before the tubing is tight. I also notice the loud noise the tubing adds. So i removed the tubing and the sight picture is still perfect, and the noise is gone.
Old 09-24-2002, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Huntmup is right get a winers choice string and a tru peep and you wont have problems and its quieter also

If information provided by the members of this board have helped you please let us know .

Quick Reply: Peep - with or withou tubing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.