Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Favorite stand and # of deer harvested from it? >

Favorite stand and # of deer harvested from it?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Favorite stand and # of deer harvested from it?

Old 02-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Favorite stand and # of deer harvested from it?

My favorite stand is any-stand I sit for the first time.....
Old 02-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Dominant Buck

My favorite stand was not the most productive. It was in a pecan tree in the middle of a bean field in Georgia.There were 4 trees in a wad. I killed probably 5 or 6 bucks from it, but the best part of it, I put 3 kids in that stand(one was mine)and they all got their first bucks from it. I had built a family stand with 3 seats and camo around it for walls. It was a place kids could get away with a little fidgiting and still see deer. One year my best hunting bud in Georgia was having one of those bad years. I finally convinced him to sit in it and he shot a buck and a doe at the same time. Here's my kids first buck from the family tree house.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

"My Tree"-I killed 6 bucks in 7 years and probably 10 does in that time. It's semi retired now. THings grew up and I'd have to do too much trimming to hunt there effectively, and I try to keep the trimming to a minimum.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I rarely leave a stand in one spot for very long due to logging changes in the country side or deer catching onto me, but I do have a couple standsdue to terrain features,solid enterance and exits,and habitat (FEED)that consistently put big bucks in bow range year in and year out, especially during the early part of Sept during the fainting days of the summer feeding phase. I've killed 2 of my 3 oldest/biggest bucks from this stand. I haven't moved it since 00 when I first placed it. It setsin a saddle on the edge of a high mountain clearcut. Its also located in the back corner so its a saddle/inside corner combo that leadsto a great feeding area. Its backed by a massive mountainside covered in thick timber and buckbrush. Huge Bedding area.

Every season we have over 30 elk pass by us at this stand and at least 1-2 whopper bucks show up in that area... not to mention an occasoinal bear and a handful of younger bucks.. rarely any 1.5s or does though, its too high and too much work for the does.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

My favorites stand is a place I call the Beeches because it is a 20acre lot in the middle od our property that is covered in beech trees and oaks. This stand is where I have seen many big bucks including a 200" buck that was later killed in gun season. I have takenthree 8 points and 2 does from this stand. It's an awesome stand with a creek running through it and is a hot spot for rutting bucks. They like to run through this area scent checking and making scrapes. I've been hunting this stand for the past 7 years and is considered my "Honey Hole"
Old 02-19-2008, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have a favorite stand.

I jump around to a new place every year.. new tree.. new land.. new county.. sometimes even new state.. so I have no time to fall in love with any. But I have alot that are memorable.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Dominant Buck

I've taken both bucks in my avatar within 40 yds of where this photo was taken. Actually.....they were shot within 20 yds of one another.

Here's my '07 buck (one on the right in my avatar) walking by me in '06 as I sit there without a tag for him.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Here's another view from the same stand.....

# of deer harvested from this stand would be3. 4 from within 40 yds of this tree.

I have taken 3 deer from another single tree.........2 froma few others.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mine is Hogback Hill. Now I only hunt this stand in gun season and I've missed more bucks than I've taken, but this is by far my favorite stand. I have moved around the area a number of times, but stayed within 100 yards of the same area over the years. I have seen more deer, and more bucks consistently from this spot than any other. The topography of the land and the road down below funnel everything coming from all directions of the mountain to this spot. It's just one of those places that you look at a topo map without ever setting foot in a spot and say "That's where I want to set up."
Old 02-19-2008, 11:36 AM

Florida stand...actually a ladder stand. No. of deer 6 bucks, 2 doe.

Quick Reply: Favorite stand and # of deer harvested from it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.