Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Favorite stand and # of deer harvested from it? >

Favorite stand and # of deer harvested from it?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Favorite stand and # of deer harvested from it?

Old 02-14-2008, 10:24 AM

Default Favorite stand and # of deer harvested from it?

Mine is called the "first draw" stand. About 75 yards behind you there isa big field. 30 yards in front of the stand is a really heavy thicket and bedding area. Trails running everywhere. To the left of the draw is a filled w/ oaks and to the right the same.

I've harvested 7 deer from that stand and between my dad and brother its somewhere around 15-17 deer.

Just wondering what your favorite stand is?
Old 02-14-2008, 10:30 AM

Default RE: Favorite stand and # of deer harvested from it?

"Clover Patch" is a stand of oaks about 300 yds from an old clover patch and just before a 200 acr. swamp/river. 8 bucks have been taken from it between me and my hunting buddy, we have passed many there as well, and missed too!! Love that old stand, don't know if we will be able to hunt it anymore though, industry moving in... been a good stand for 30 yrs to a lot of us, it was our turn for about 10 yrs.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite stand we originally dubbed the "no deer stand" because we never saw anything out of it. Then, after my dad killed 2 nice bucks out of it, it was dubbed the "2 deer stand". Since then it has become the "Five deer stand".

I've killed1 of the 5[&:]
Old 02-14-2008, 10:41 AM

I dont have a place of my own to hunt except my aunt and uncles 5 acres where I have 2 stands, not necessarily my favorite place to hunt but Ive killed 10 or so deer there from my "top stand". I used to hunt my friends place quite a bit, my favorite stand there was "the clearcut", was a nice draw that came up out of a creek bottom that was clearcut a few years earlier. The few times I sat in it I saw bucks each time, and missed my biggest buck (at the time). I havent huntedthere in 5-6 years I think.They shot a 160" buck two years ago during the gun season from that stand.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Spike

My favorite is a river bottom stand here in KS. There is a ditch that runs parallel to the river (perfect for the prevailing NW wind) and I found this spot were several trails converge. I just hung the stand this year and hunted it once on November 21 and saw around 20 deer and killed this nice eight pointer.

View looking out of the stand to where the buck fell that I shot. River is in the background.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

I did have a spot in PA dubbed the iffy spot by the landowner, which I harvested (10) bucks in 10 years along w/ a couple of does each year. Biggest deer was around 135", the rest were 8 and 6's. Have not hunted in PA since the license increase.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a Ground stand in PA (Rifle season) Called Porcupine Tree..cuz the giant dead tree beside it was always a place for porcupines. They kept me entertained. I killed geez more than 10 bucks there. I've had to move in recent years do to changing patterns but still usually sit there a few hours, just for old times sake.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine is the Pond Stand. It is in between a pond and a food plot.I hung the stand late 2005 I have seen 15 shooter bucks out of that stand and killed 2. My buddies tha have hunted that stand have seen nice bucks there 2. If I get tight on money I might lease out that stand.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:26 AM

I twould have to be my deer stand in Kansas its a tree I clamb 20ft and it sits over a small food plot but yet the deer herd in to it it is less than an acre but in december the start hitting it pretty hard and it salways about the time I am there I killed 2 in it last year. Only have 2 tags see alot more deer in it. I f i would have waited 1 day I would have shot a nice 10 but i was tagged out.estimated 160 class
Old 02-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

[/align]
[blockquote]
[/align]I have a stand called the "dubble decker" on a piece of land I got permission to hunt three years ago. It is a huge sycamore tree on the edge of a 10 acre field. As the name states there are two stands in this tree and it has accounted for 7 deer in three years. It is a great early season stand and a great first deer stand. There is always action. The toughest part is getting the deer close to the tree in the field. My fiancee also shot her first deer out of this stand by herself the second day of our shotgun season at 15 yards. It would be a great stand to video from if I ever get around to trying it.[/blockquote]

Quick Reply: Favorite stand and # of deer harvested from it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.