HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Favorite stand and # of deer harvested from it?
Old 02-14-2008, 03:17 PM
shed33
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Favorite stand and # of deer harvested from it?

I rarely leave a stand in one spot for very long due to logging changes in the country side or deer catching onto me, but I do have a couple standsdue to terrain features,solid enterance and exits,and habitat (FEED)that consistently put big bucks in bow range year in and year out, especially during the early part of Sept during the fainting days of the summer feeding phase. I've killed 2 of my 3 oldest/biggest bucks from this stand. I haven't moved it since 00 when I first placed it. It setsin a saddle on the edge of a high mountain clearcut. Its also located in the back corner so its a saddle/inside corner combo that leadsto a great feeding area. Its backed by a massive mountainside covered in thick timber and buckbrush. Huge Bedding area.

Every season we have over 30 elk pass by us at this stand and at least 1-2 whopper bucks show up in that area... not to mention an occasoinal bear and a handful of younger bucks.. rarely any 1.5s or does though, its too high and too much work for the does.