Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 About A Hunting Video.. >

About A Hunting Video..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

About A Hunting Video..

Old 02-12-2008, 12:19 PM

Default RE: About A Hunting Video..

I hate when they video a draw or a push off of the saftey after the shot just toadd dramatic effect!!! Please!!! Give Me A Break!!!
Show me the draw from behind the hunter with the deer in frame!!!

And I also hate the fake traking jobs were they put the camera behind the deer looking through the antlersback at the hunter and the hunter says " Oh there he is!!" like he is surprised to find the deer!

I mean Come on!!! [:'(]
Old 02-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Real blood trail follow up...........the fake stuff and staged reactions on the recovery drive me batty.

A little more of the hows and whys and tell a story vs a "Blood bath" where it's just kill after kill.

Honest interaction and day to day happenings and fun between 2 buddies in a tree with one common goal. There is so much funny and interesting stuff that happens over the course of the season that every single scene doesn't need to be so "Hollywood" with the same cutaways followed by a dead animal. I actually like the way "Gettin Close" and "Whitetail Freaks" is produced. Do something different.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:26 PM

Alsoshow some more footage around camp.
I get more laughs just sitting around a fire than i do about anywhere.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd like to see fewer food plot hunts. "He came right into the _______ food plot, just like he did the past 23 evenings" [&:]I'm not against food plots, but watching a guy in his stand playing video Yahtzee waiting for the 4:42pm buck to walk out gets old fast. Keep the ads/plugs at the beginning or end of the show. I don't think the camo under armour he's wearing (that isn't even visible to the deer) had much to do with the hunt.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

SCALE IT DOWN to NORMAL SIZE. It's not realistic for most of us to have a thousands in farm equiptment for food plots. I like planting plots and would like to see people doing it like most of us do it.

More footage of the deer instead of just the kill shot.

Remember the instant replay slow motion shot? Can we bring that back?

Explinations of why they are set up where they are.

More hunting in open timber and steep terrain.

Misses, doe kills, small buck kills, guns, camp, bad weather, and bloopers....

Old 02-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Walk onto a piece of property that is public access. Like a State Gameland or wildlife area. Not Betty Joe's farm that hasn't been hunt since 1967.

No cultivated bait (Food plot) fields. I don't want to see you interviewed in your truck on the drive in or out..boring!

and for me ONLY..there is nothing more sleep inducing than watching someone hunt Turkey!
Old 02-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Show some reverence to the animal that just died. When t.v guys fist pump and start sinckering like little school girls it makes me want to drive my fist through their face. You know thatHyena sound?
How about a lessonabout cleaning and butchering game and bow tuning how too's. Lots of new hunters need help with this.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know if I could watch another TV hunt. But what would bring me back would be more public land hunting showing
a. extensive scouting what they are looking for and why
b. stand placement and why that particular tree and not another one
c. hunting in my area no some state where deer are all enormous and plentiful come to Mass and really show me something. No Pa,Il, Ohio and other deer rich country.
d. The hunt (least important)
e. The after the shot work and what happens when everything don't go perfect.

If the TV and Vids would be real like this I would probably start watching again, Even if it was in parts Part 1 scouting next week prt 2 stand placement etc.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Take offers from people mailing you there land to hunt on. What I mean is have people mail inquiries to you about them having trouble pinning down some particular buck they've been after and see if the 2 of you working together could get this particular deer or buck. Involve yourself and that person in the hunt and footage. By doing it like this you would have a ton of areas to hunt on without over hunting your area and also it would bring the average person on a hunting show, I think people would respect that!
Old 02-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Impact shots. And none of thefake crap where the cameraman is standing next to the dead deer and the hunter says, "there he is!"

Quick Reply: About A Hunting Video..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.