Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 About A Hunting Video.. >

About A Hunting Video..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

About A Hunting Video..

Old 02-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: About A Hunting Video..

I want to see real men hunting, I swear, we need a Gay hunting show if we're going to have these girlymen hunting. I don't want guys jumping up and down like a jackass after they kill some tiny buck. I think I'd make that show, if I didn't feel it is already being over commercialized. If guy gets a shot at a monster, and the camera isnt on or the cameraman can't see the buck, I want the hunter to shoot it anyway, and put a light on it later, I want to see monsterbucks harvested, not passed on to never see again because of low light bs.....take the buck, put the light on him at night and show us him. I don't want to see your little kid either, taking his first buck that scores 20" or 170" or your girlf/wife and her makeup, what's with these women/hunters wearing their makeup? I thought this was hunting. Would like to see more northerners than what seems to be all southerners having shows. I want to see guys chasing trespassers off their property/prosecuting them too. I want to know the gun being used too/caliber. bow setup I really don't care to know. I don't want tips about some new product, which happens to be a show sponsor unless it's an amazing product that will be around in 5 years still.
Right on!! Also,I would like to see themstop poking their dead deer with their gun barrel.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:17 AM

As someone who is tasked to film 10+ hunts this year. Not just on my place butin multiple states/countriesThis is probably my favorite thread on this site ever.

Thank you posters so very much for your open candor!

Please keep the information comming.

As a "viewer" of these videos and shows, I agree with almost everything that has been posted here. I hope to create some quality entertainment based on these suggestions

Like this one

I want to know why you put your stand in THAT tree. I want to know EVERY reason behind your decision. If thats wher ethe outfitter told you to set up.....say so. If you're there because you've seen a buck exiting in that vicinity a few days prior....or even last season during this time......tell me. If it's got a good tree in front of it that you might use for cover to draw.....tell me. If it's simply 30 yds away from where you last encountered him....and you wanted to mix things up......tell me. If you can orient yourself to keep the sun ou of your eyes in that tree in that time of day.......tell me. If it's a great wind for that tree.....tell me.

These are things WE ALL think about every time we hunt. I don't think the guys we see on TV DO.

Why are you shooting your setup on your bow? Why that bow? Arrow? BH? If it isn't for $$.....why?

How do you practice?

So many things they never tell us.........so many.......
Personally, I like watching Lee and Tiff, because you see all the hard work they put into hunting and getting that footage. Lee hunting/filming 54 days straight to get a buck. 300 acres of food plots. Stacks of stands to put up every year. I don't operate on his scale but I do put in a TON of work and invest crazy time. I am glad people see on thier shows how much work they do to get that footage. People think Lee and Tiff have the life, and in some respects they do, but they look like they work thier tail off to hunt, I know I do.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

The girls gone wild of hunting videos would be a start......:0

But for real, I like to see fair chase hunts where the video shows the work done in the off-season. The Drury Videos are pretty cool where they talk about why they hang stands in a certain locations. I would like to see more videos that are in the deer woods...the big woods. I am tired of seeing guys hunting on the corners of bean/corn fields with an outfitter....rattling their antlers, setting up their decoys....gets old quick. How about some good old fashioned funnel hunting, invading bedding areas during the rut, and all in all, some thicker cover for all us guys that have to hunt hard to kill, not just sneaking in and hunting where there are 10 million bucks running around, exposing themselves in broad daylight in the middle of a biologic field.