Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 About A Hunting Video.. >

About A Hunting Video..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

About A Hunting Video..

Old 02-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: About A Hunting Video..

ORIGINAL: LostInWoods

First of all, I love your signature!

I like detailed information about the hunt like date, time, temperature, ect. It gives me a better idea on animals behavior. I also like good editing. Keep the viewers attention. Humor is always good!

LostInWoods, sorry for asking, and you may not know what Im talking about, but is that GRAW 2 avatar?
Old 02-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, these are some of the mainitems that I like to seein Hunting Videography.

-Hunts to be 100% Wild & Real
-More DIY Style Hunts
-Practical How-to's and Explanations
-Family Involvement
-More Passion, excitement & fun
-Monster Bucks
Old 02-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Regular Joe bowhunting the land like most of us regular Joe's do. Sort of like Buckeye said.

Also, my favorite hunting whitetail video of all time is still the original Bowhunting October Whitetails. They showed misses as well as hits, was somewhat educational, but more than anything it was a fun video.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:37 AM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Bow only.... Buck and doe hunts..... All DIY style hunts, no outfitted or restricted accesslands.... A host and hunter who knows and sounds like they know what they are doing.

I'm not to picky... Just show it how it really is, I just hate the "fakeness" and OVER editingof a lot of shows.
Exactly
Old 02-12-2008, 11:38 AM

I really like how The White Knuckle guys put together their first video. One thing I like about it is it shows them changing sets to try to get closer to the deer. I love how they show how they set their stand up and also why they did it. To me this relates to more of a hunting show rather than having a stand that is just there and they are huting it. I like to know why they hung the stand there, and just a little details about the spot they are hunting. That's just me though.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Regular Joe bowhunting the land like most of us regular Joe's do. Sort of like Buckeye said.

Also, my favorite hunting whitetail video of all time is still the original Bowhunting October Whitetails. They showed misses as well as hits, was somewhat educational, but more than anything it was a fun video.
I think some of them old video's were the best ones by far!! The one you mentioned was a damn good one.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I personally would rather see more footage of the Deer...you know the actuall "STAR" of the show,too many times I have to watch the antics of the person that is hunting or commercials of the products they are endorsing! That and when they jump around like a stupid monkey or after they shot their deer they walk up on it like they did a search and rescue for 5 days and it dropped right in sight about 50-75 yards away....give me a break Please!!!Then they do a lousy angle shot of the Deer or barely even show the porportions and symetrics of its rack.Oh yeah....and show more Youths hunting,they are our Future and it is great to see when they get their first Doe or Buck because they don't have to act to show how happy they really are! Thats my 2 cents worth so far!
Old 02-12-2008, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Regular Joe bowhunting the land like most of us regular Joe's do.
Couldn't agree more with this statement. Even though I love the great story telling and production of the Drury video's.. they've lost my attention over the years with all there hunting on huge, well managed farms, and outfitters.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:44 AM

ORIGINAL: englum_06

ORIGINAL: LostInWoods

First of all, I love your signature!

I like detailed information about the hunt like date, time, temperature, ect. It gives me a better idea on animals behavior. I also like good editing. Keep the viewers attention. Humor is always good!

LostInWoods, sorry for asking, and you may not know what Im talking about, but is that GRAW 2 avatar?
Sure is! That's me...a ghost!
Old 02-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would love a show where they teach you something. I do love seeing those big bucks but would trade them for a show teaching something.The problem is a lot of these people on these shows don't really know much except pay money -get hunt. I saw a show where the guy who killed a prong horn admitted he never gutted an animal!!!! and would not gut that one!!!! I have even posted a forum on this site asking for people to share just one tip. what I got was someone saying not to fart! another not to forget toilet paper.

Quick Reply: About A Hunting Video..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.