Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 *EVIDENCE* IR spooks some deer (Pics) >

*EVIDENCE* IR spooks some deer (Pics)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

*EVIDENCE* IR spooks some deer (Pics)

Old 02-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: PROOF IR spooks some deer (Pics)

ORIGINAL: janesburg

Greg please put up your old avatar of you with your bow kill instead of that crazy looking dude you have as an avatar now. Thanks.
janesburg, that "crazy looking dude" is me. I've been getting it from my GF, my boss and a bunch of other people, so I shaved the middle out of it. Now I look like this, except my hair isn't quite as long, yet!

Old 02-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Why in the world would you put a camera into a mature buck's "home" if you thought they were afraid of them? The premise (IMO) is false.....but it begs the question.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Every deer is an individual. I'll have to scan some of my 35mm pictures.

One buck poses for several shots, almost liking it.

Another I have a picture of a buck jumping out of his skin!
Old 02-10-2008, 04:41 PM

Greg,
you said you cant bait in your state, i dont know if theres CWD there, but if there isnt why dont you put out a mineral or salt lick to get pics.

nothin in this world is guranteed. big bucks spook over the stupidest stuff.
this year i was bowhunting around mature white oak trees. a nice shooter buck came walkin down the game trial. he was about40 yards browsing and eatin acorns. there was a squirrel on the game trial eatin acorns too.
im up in my stand just waitin for a 20 yard shot. hegets within 30 yards walkin to me, then all the sudden he sees that squirrel and he freaks out and takes off runnin.
one of the funniest and yet saddest things i seen. he had his head down walkin on the trial browsing, he looks to his right theres the squirrel within 4 steps.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Why in the world would you put a camera into a mature buck's "home" if you thought they were afraid of them? The premise (IMO) is false.....but it begs the question.
Realizing that your experience with mature bucks is limited at best, I will try to humor you.............

1) Anywhere you put a camera is/can be a mature bucks "home", there's no escaping it.

2) That's how you get their pic so you can see what's out there.

3) By doing so post season until antler drop you give them plenty of time to calm down.

4) I said they skirt the cameras, not flee the county.

5) Do you think that my methods have hurt my success?

Rob, what size are those bucks?

After 3 years of using cameras I have gotten pics of mature bucks to be sure, but......... none of them are top end (160+) and there are plenty of top end bucks in the areas where I put my cameras.

In the areas where I put my cameras you cannot put out any kind of food or mineral blocks at all - totally illegal.

My experience is that without the use of a food pile, getting mature bucks on film is difficult. The older and larger he is, the more difficult it is to catch him on camera.

These experiences are only related to the post season until antler drop. I don't use cameras any other time of year.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

Old 02-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Realizing that your experience with mature bucks is limited at best,
Hell I was wondering why it was taking you so long to take a shot at me, personally. You didn't disappoint.

My "experience" with mature bucks is......I've been hunting a little over 2 years and I've killed 2 of 'em. Rocket science this isn't......no matter how much "mystique" you wanna give these animals.

5) Do you think that my methods have hurt my success?
And based on your buddy's description of the area you hunt...............let's just say.....there's a pretty good chance of getting wet if you fall out of a boat, too.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:23 PM

LOL BBD.
edited that whippin in there!!!
LOL
Old 02-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

This particular 10 point knows its there but isn't spooked to bad. I think the noise of the camera is what does it with these Cuddeback no flash camera's. Here's the video... http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/f...ideoof10pt.flv
Old 02-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

My "experience" with mature bucks is......I've been hunting a little over 2 years and I've killed 2 of 'em. Rocket science this isn't......no matter how much "mystique" you wanna give these animals.
Yep............. you're a legend in you're own mind. Pretty soon you'll have the whole first page of your states record book to yourself with those bad boys. Maybe should look for something more challenging.

Quick Reply: *EVIDENCE* IR spooks some deer (Pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.