Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Boy Scouting

Old 02-06-2008, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Boy Scouting

I've heard of other stories where the ring got stuck and pulled the finger off. one was on a basket ball net and the other i think was a NASA pilot that got it caught on the door of a plane while on the ground when he jumped out,
that is why i don't wear any jewelry when i work or sports activity
Old 02-06-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wasn't allowed in boy scouts......because I ate all the 'brownies'. [:-]
Old 02-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was a scout in the 60's. Cub, Webalos, and Boy Scouts. Just recently set it up for the scouts to use my camp grounds in the summer. The scouts are a great program for building morals and mores in the future leaders of this country. The wife and I even got invited to a jamboree this month.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

I was a scout in the 60's. Cub, Webalos, and Boy Scouts. Just recently set it up for the scouts to use my camp grounds in the summer. The scouts are a great program for building morals and mores in the future leaders of this country. The wife and I even got invited to a jamboree this month.

Very cool. Glad to see people staying involved!
Old 02-06-2008, 11:02 AM

I was in the boy scouts. I was an Eagle scout and I tell ya if there is one thing I miss from my childhood is scouts. I went to the National boy scout Jamboree in Fort AP Hill in Virginia in 1993 I believe can't remember. I will get back into it as a assistant scoutmaster if I ever have a boy. I have 3 girls now and my wife is pregnant with the forth want find out what it is until 2 more months. Me, my Dad, and my little brother are all Eagle scouts. It is a reat accomplishment and one that not a lot of kids this days get.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-06-2008, 11:04 AM

Awesome TN!
Old 02-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was in Scouting for ten years (Cub,Webelo,Boy Scout, and Explorer) in the late sixties and early-mid seventies. I have a lot of fond memories of Scouting. My son just started as a Tiger Cub last fall and really enjoys it. I hope that he stays in for a while....I kind of enjoy being around it again.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:12 AM

That's really cool Grizz. I'm glad to see people getting their kids involved. I think many youngsters care way too much about what other young people think of scouting.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

I owned a couple of IH Scouts, does that count?

I was a Brownie, then a Junior girl scout and then a 'regular' girl scout.

Brownies and Juniors was fun tho' we certainly didn't do cool stuff like the Boy Scouts. We did go horseback riding once a year, which was really cool because we weremostly citykids. Mostly we did 'girly' stuff. Cooking, sewing, crafts, etc.. (tho' I did bring my bow and arrows to one meeting and showed the othergirls how to make a deadfall trap at a cookout. [8D]) When I was old enough to switch to the 11-17 group of girl scouts, I only went for a couple months. The group was very poor and there really wasn't anything to do. [&o]

Each year I go to the Trailblazers program and volunteer to teach archery to Boy Scouts from the inner-city. For a lot of these kids, it's their first exposure to bb-guns, fishing and archery. I highly recommend any of you to consider helping them out.

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjourn...l.aspx?nID=151