Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Boy Scouting

Old 02-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Boy Scouting

i did up until about 3rd grade, then i decided that i didnt have time for it
Old 02-05-2008, 06:45 PM

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

i did up until about 3rd grade, then i decided that i didnt have time for it
lol, Not have time for it in 3rd grade? What were you doing that took up so much time?

Old 02-05-2008, 06:50 PM

I was in Girl Scouts... and ha Boy scouts... my parents where leaders etc for my brothers troop from cubs to eagles... and I followed/did/earned everything they did ha.

Boy scouts was deffinatly way cooler then girl scouts...
Old 02-05-2008, 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Jenza

I was in Girl Scouts... and ha Boy scouts... my parents where leaders etc for my brothers troop from cubs to eagles... and I followed/did/earned everything they did ha.

Boy scouts was deffinatly way cooler then girl scouts...
I've heard this from a lot of girls who had brothers/parents involved in Boy Scouts. Did you ever try joining a Venture Crew?
Old 02-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

I went from Cub Scouts to being a Boy Scout until middle school and then got interested in girls.Even thoughmy parents would have no part of it other than drop me off and pick me up I still went. Same with hunting.As I was growing up, guns were not allowed in the house and hunting was out of the question. Going outdoors meant going golfing not fishing or hunting. In 1998, I got hurt in the woods and I was all alone. Without mytraining from Boys Scouts, I may not be here today.Although my oldest son quit before becoming an eagle, he went though it and is now in the Air Force. It is a great organization. My youngest will have nothing to do with it....he doesn't think it cool, even though he loves to go fishing, camping and hunting with me. Our church and the company I work for are very active with the organization.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nybowhunter

I went from Cub Scouts to being a Boy Scout until middle school and then got interested in girls.Even thoughmy parents would have no part of it other than drop me off and pick me up I still went. Same with hunting.As I was growing up, guns were not allowed in the house and hunting was out of the question. Going outdoors meant going golfing not fishing or hunting. In 1998, I got hurt in the woods and I was all alone. Without mytraining from Boys Scouts, I may not be here today.Although my oldest son quit before becoming an eagle, he went though it and is now in the Air Force. It is a great organization. My youngest will have nothing to do with it....he doesn't think it cool, even though he loves to go fishing, camping and hunting with me. Our church and the company I work for are very active with the organization.
that would be everyones nightmare, good job on coming out alive
Old 02-05-2008, 07:12 PM

I remember the survival course I took while I was still a youth member in B.S. The person who ran the course was an ex-Navy Seal. Looking back at it, he deffinitely had some PTSD going on! But I learned a ton and still remember how to do most everything he taught us.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:12 PM

never knew about venturing crews untill i was too old for em... heh...
i wouldnt have time now anyways =/ im lucky i can get off work for hunting/fishing and quading... let alone anything eles really
Old 02-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

I was coming down from a tree, setting up my tree stand. My wedding ring got caught on one of the screw in steps as I was hopping off the last step.It ripped my finger off. Talk about pain,panic and lots of blood. Luckily I got out of the woods and found a house with somebody home that coulddrive me to E/R. Lesson learned...I no longer go into the woods alone.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:22 PM

ORIGINAL: nybowhunter

I was coming down from a tree, setting up my tree stand. My wedding ring got caught on one of the screw in steps as I was hopping off the last step.It ripped my finger off. Talk about pain,panic and lots of blood. Luckily I got out of the woods and found a house with somebody home that coulddrive me to E/R. Lesson learned...I no longer go into the woods alone.
Wow!

Quick Reply: Boy Scouting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.