Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How friendly is your local shop?? >

How friendly is your local shop??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How friendly is your local shop??

Old 02-04-2008, 08:37 AM

Default How friendly is your local shop??

Is your local archery shop friendly? Do you walk in and they speak? When you buy a bow or anything, do they seem to want your business? It seems that some shops act like they are bothered by your presence. Local shops around here are simply this way. You walk in and the guy is an ahole from the get go. In fact it seems that all the local sportinggood stores are this way. It's like they know you need them for things almost. Anyone dealing with this ??
Old 02-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How friendly is your local shop??

I don't get that treatment.....but I see it. I'm not sure why that is.....other than the fact being a good businessman is not synonymous with owning ANY business.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've not noticed that at the local shops here, in fact, quite the opposite. The people at the shop I deal with most are very personable and friendly. I have noticed that behavior in the past in other areas of the country I lived in.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:54 AM

We strive to go above and beyond at our shop. In fact, I've told the owner a few times there are things he should charge for that he doesn't. He hardly EVER charges anyone labor.....You buy the bow from us, we work on it for free. Now, occasionally he will charge someone labor to set up a bow they bought from somewhere else, but most of the time we don't.

We may be busy, but when you walk in the door one of us will at least say "Hello" and acknowledge that you are there. There to buy a new bow? I've sat w/ customers for an hour or two making sure they get the RIGHT one, and the one they want, with the right equipment and the equipment they want. They have sometimes asked me, "well, just tell me what to put on it and that's what I'll do." We don't operate that way. We'll give you the information, but ultimately you have to decide. I'm not going to tell anyone what to put on their bow. That way they can't say we sold them something based strictly on profit.

Oh, and above all......We have FUN. Don't come in on Friday's if you can't handle some ribbing, cause our motto is "Fridays are give crap to everyone day." It's a blast.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:57 AM

It is this way in the boat dealership as well. I bought a bass boat last year from the same place i always buy from, 35K$ and they didn't even clean it!! They told me they didn't have time. I get sick of this kinda of stuff. I need to be an ahole and I won't get that kind of treatment. Im just not that kind of guy. I called the other day about the price of a new gun and the guy told me he didn't have any... and he sat there on the phone, I said well, I didn't ask you if you had any, I asked what you sold them for, I know you can get more of them!! He said, he didn't know what they went for!! Jerk!! It seems they get your money and then they don't want to deal with you. Buy a bow, and that's it, no more help, or fixing anything that goes wrong..
Old 02-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

depends on the worker[:@]
i forget his first name, its either jeff or chris or something like that, but his last name is probst, he was the kid that was in dream season and is a part of the drury pro-staff
Old 02-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

The head person at the shop i had been going to was an ok guy. He wasen't an a hole and heisn't the nicest person in the world. Now the new shop i went to this weekend, this guy is the nicest person anyone could know. Me and Hunter Dan7 went there and i had never met him, Dan met him once, but i bet we sat there and talked about hunting, bows, and everything else you can think of for about 2 hours. So i think i will be going to the nicer guys shop.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:12 AM

When are these guys going to get? The nicer you are the more we want to come in and hence maybe spend a little money. Im not saying I want some guy all over my jock when i walk in, but don't be jerk, especially if I just spent 1200$!!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

The local archery shop is fine, but our local gun shop is awesome. They are not very organized and not very big, but they are very friendly and extremely helpful. If they don't have it, they will get it for you. If they think a product is a waste of money, 1) you won't find it in the shop and 2) if you want to order it, they will tell you flat out that they don't recommend it.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

i feel the same way Va....

i get it ALOT...i dont know if its because of my age (20) and they think im a punk kid, or if its my knowledge and they dont have to help me diagnose my problem or help me pick stuff, i know what i want done and know what i want to buy, or if its the fact i come in with arrows they dont sale, or a bow they know they never sold or whatever...

funny part is im in there spending money....i shouldnt feel like im bothering them! they should want me to empty my wallet...

the quicker i can setup my home bow shop, the better things will be for me...wont be long...just gotta gather funds for the tools sometime in the future...till then, i guess i gotta put up with it.

doesnt matter if im in there to get arrows fletched or whatever..doesnt seem to matter...

i been going to the 1 shop every saturday at 11 or noon to shoot the last month or so and they are finally recognizing me and being a little more friendly it seems...

ive been to a few other shops as well. there is 1 that is super nice and will do anything and never give me attitude, but his hours stink...he works a day job and runs the shop after that and is using the shop to get "Archery in the schools" or whatever in the area...hes doing a real good thing and i like to support that...just cant make his hours alot of times...and his shop is tiny..he carrys the most popular stuff and im sure would order most anything i asked...but doesnt have much compared to the bigger shops...his is litterally a basement shop...but hes a great guy and i goto him any chance i can...

usually dont shop at shops anyways...i buy my stuff online and set it up myself for the most part...even when i order my new rest, i will eyeball it and get it as close as possible and will tune from there...only need them to fletch my arrows and put on my strings lol...thus far...did goto them when i had tuning issues till i got smarter on tuning...

Quick Reply: How friendly is your local shop??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.