HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Gun Poll on USA Today
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 04:38 PM
bowman15
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gun Poll on USA Today

First, to the gentleman from Belgium, Frank. Those statistics you posted about the guns owned in America verses the crime committed by guns are flawed; the guns owned by Americans refer to LEGALLY-OWNED weapons. The crimes committed with firearms are mostly, MOSTLY (like well-over 80%) committed with illegally obtained weapons. Do some research and find out how many crimes are committed with legally-owned firearms, then look and see how many gun-related-crimes are committed altogether. Your numbers will be very different, I guarantee.

Second, Sarah;

First of all, welcome to HuntingNet.

You have to realize how our country was founded. How we came to be here and be the country we are. Our settlers were being taken advantage of by our government. If we were unarmed, we'd still be drinking tea at lunch-time, and working our butts off for England. Now, we're working our butts off for our government, but we have alot more to show for it (have you seen our military? WOW!!).But if it ever comes to the point where we don't trust our government, or believe they/it has our best interest in mind, we are armed and willing to do what we can to change things. If your government got that bad, what could your people really do about it? Wave posters and march in the streets? (not meant as an insult in any way). It wouldn't go a long way I bet. Look at what happened in China. How many people died when the military opened fire on the crowds in Tiananmen Square? HUNDREDS!! And they could do nothing about it. That would never happen here.

Just understand when you talk about all the crime over 'here' and all the 'crazies running around', it's not that bad here. Not nearly as bad as some of you folks in other countries think it is. And if we were unarmed, it would be alot worse. Look at the crime-rates in the states that have concealed and carry laws (states that allow people to carry concealed weapons). Look at how the crime-rates dropped in all those states when the concealed and carry laws were passed. I think they speak for themselves.