Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow Warranty - have you ever had to use it? >

Bow Warranty - have you ever had to use it?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I tried to get warranty work on my bow, but was denied
1.82%
I snapped a limb
25.45%
Bent Riser
1.82%
Requested modules/cam to accomodate draw length change
1.82%
Strings
0%
Dryfire
3.64%
Camo peeling
1.82%
Bushings
1.82%
Other
18.18%
Never had a problem that needed to be fixed
43.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Bow Warranty - have you ever had to use it?

Old 01-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bow Warranty - have you ever had to use it?

Had a Parker crack a limb. Replaced immediately.

Had a Bowtech limb start splintering. Replaced immediately.

Excelent service from both companies.

I replace a lot of limbs for customers and every single companyhas cracked limbs. It is usually no problem unless it is a vey old bow before they started offering lifetime warranties. Even then the company usually offers something like 50% off a new bow or something like that.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't snap a limb, however I did have one crack. It was taken care of.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I cracked the limb very severely on a USED Browning bow back in the early 90's, and was told they had a lifetime warranty, even on used bows. Well, I called the company, and told them what I had and what had happened, and they asked me to get a bow box from my local dealer, and send it too them and they would fix it, "FREE OF CHARGE!!!!" I sent the bow out, and got it back within a week with NEW strings, cables, limbs, a refitted riser, and new "wheels," plus a $7 and change check for the shipping I paid to sent it to them. That was GREAT customer service. Now Browning is no longer "Browning," but the service back then was WAY above and beyond what I expected. I think from what I've heard most companies have pretty good customer service, though I know of a couple of guys who have had issues with their "SOLOCAM" bows and not gotten good service either time.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I went thru 2 sets of limbs in 2 consecutive years on a martin Razor X
they keep swapping them out, but I hope I don't have to keep doing so.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

I hope I never have to use my warranty on my new bow, never had to on my old one.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

I'm the 2% with a bent riser had a Mathews switchback xt 2yrs ago and was riding back to camp on my golf cart and my bow fell out and I ran over it with the back tires[:@]. Well after replacing the G5 sight I destroyed I never could get the bow to tune again. So the local bow shop were I bought the bow sent it back to mathews for warranty work, mind you nothing visibly wrong with the bow. Mathews found the bent riser and replaced for free but I might have failed to mention I ran over it to any one at the bow shop or at Mathews. Any how I would have to say there customer service is pretty good but might not have been so great if I had told them I ran it over with a golf cart.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:42 PM

The limb on my 2006 Bowtech Allegiance started cracking. The problem was fixed without even asking questions. Great customer service, I had my new limbs within a week or two.
Me too, only mine is an '05'.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:44 PM

This seems appropriate for the situation im in haha. I was havin some problem with my cam leanin on my 2007 Martin Pantera. Talked to a few Martin Tech Reps and they said to just send it in and they will replace both limbs, the cam, and the idler. So she's in the mail on the way there. Ive heard nothing but good things about Martin Customer service, so we'll see what happens.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mathews- Some sort of bushing snapped, while at full draw, causing the string dry fire. Both cams bent and cracked top limb. Mathews fixed quickly with no questions. Even replaced string.

Bowtech- string was rubbing top limb. Bowtech said the limb was faulty. They replaced both limbs and the bottom cam which was bent to the problem. Quick and no questions asked.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Dominant Buck

You aren't going to get much useful information on you poll with those answers. Who dreamed that one up. In answer to the question I "THINK" you're asking... I've used warranty service once with Dartonand also the extended(the old PSE Plus Warranty) once. Instant, sudden, superb service from Both.... INSTANTLY. Like Darton, they overnighted for free a set of limbs. What more could you ask.

Quick Reply: Bow Warranty - have you ever had to use it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.