Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow Warranty - have you ever had to use it? >

Bow Warranty - have you ever had to use it?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I tried to get warranty work on my bow, but was denied
1.82%
I snapped a limb
25.45%
Bent Riser
1.82%
Requested modules/cam to accomodate draw length change
1.82%
Strings
0%
Dryfire
3.64%
Camo peeling
1.82%
Bushings
1.82%
Other
18.18%
Never had a problem that needed to be fixed
43.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Bow Warranty - have you ever had to use it?

Old 01-28-2008, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow Warranty - have you ever had to use it?

Not in 25yrs,I have never had warranty issues......knock on wood.........
Old 01-28-2008, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Many years ago Hoyt replaced limbs that had small cracks in them for me.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Being involved in Archery as a dealer for many years I will say this. Most Bow companies I ever dealt with went way above and beyond their responsibilities concerning warranty issues. I have seenseveral bows that by rights should have not received warranty work but got it any way. I am sure there are cases the other way, but I just have not seen them

Dan
Old 01-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never.

http://www.hoyttoughbows.com/
Old 01-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

It wasn't very long ago I posted my disaster on here. My son dry-fired my Drenalin. It demolished the string and warped the cam. The warranty covered the cam and labor. I only had to pay for a new string and loop. I'm still trying to work out the kinks, though.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Several Hoyt limbs replaced for cosmetic peeling, particularly when the carbonite limbs first came out. Resolved quickly.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:19 PM

I have only used it once. I bought an archery research 37 when they first came out and a month or two later chunks of the riser were falling out. They replaced the riser but needless to say I wasnt too happy with that. I ended up getting rid of it.

I did have a martin with a limb crack once also but it wasnt under warranty
rick
Old 01-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

When we were kids, one of my buddies ran over his Golden Eagle with a sky blueFord Tempoand crunched it into a million pieces. The good folks at Golden Eagle had a good laugh at his expense when he calledto inquire whether it was covered under warranty. Apparently, they don't cover such incidents. LOL
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

I bought a Fuse pendulum sight this summer, and it totally sucked. The pin was too dim (not "bright" as-advertised), the swing radius was too short to compensate for arrow drop, and it sounded like a bomb going off if you left the pendulum unlocked toswing freely(not "whisper quiet" as-advertised). So, I call Fuse, advise them of both their lifetime warrantyANDthe implied warranty of merchantabilityand ask for a replacement head with fiber optic pins. Well, the good folks at Hoyt/Fuse told me in not so many words to go pound salt, because there was nothing defective about my sight.After about4 phone calls, I finally got an engineer on the phone. I promptlyinformed himthat it was a horrible design, andhe agreed without dispute. He even conceded that "we've had a lot of problems with that sight," but qualified that by saying that "just because it's a bad design doesn't make it defective." Wow. Thanks Fuse!

I keep a pretty good repoir with some of the local yocals, so I got everything taken care of, and wound up coming out ahead (that's justhow I roll)- but no thanks to the good folks at Fuse.

The Fuse pendulum has since been discontinued. LMAO
Old 01-28-2008, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had a sliver break off on my ultra-tec, bow was about 3 years old at the time, one phone call to dealer, he assured me it was no big deal, cut it off keep shooting, he would call me when new limbs came in. He did, brought bow in, swapped em and took bow home.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

yes, several times over the years. Ill start with back in the day Had a browning x-cellerator, it used to crackthe plasting rocker bushings under the limbs in the mounting pockets, warrenty took care of this several times, i shot the hell out of that bow, great service.

I used to shoot XI bows, one was the impact plus, it developed a large splinter on one of the limbs, XI took care of it no problems and installed two new limbs, great service.

My son currently has a parker hunter mag, we were on target 15 in the middle of a 3-d shoot and the bow flew apart on him at about half draw. There is a flush mounted screw on the lower cam module that shered off, sending parts flying, this bow was not even a year old at the time. Parker was great, the shop owner sucked where we bought it from, Parker replaced everything less the riser and string, service was great.

Recently my Matthews Q2 developed a small limb splinter, Matthews replaced both limbs, great service.

Quick Reply: Bow Warranty - have you ever had to use it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.