Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Buying bow tips needed >

Buying bow tips needed

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buying bow tips needed

Old 01-22-2008, 04:17 PM

Default Buying bow tips needed

Okay I need some tips here plz. Alright, so I want to buy a bow and hunt deer and turkey with it. I'm only in 6th grade so I can't lift a lot of weight. What type of bow should I get and how much of a pull should it have? Could a 15 pound pull work?
Old 01-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buying bow tips needed

ok ill try to help, NO 15 pounds will not work, but your in sixth grade, your probly about 12-13yo, I would think you can pull more than 15pnds, you might could even pull 35-40pounds, you will just have to go to a bow shop and try one out for your self, they will be able to help you more than we can, there are plenty of bows made for people your age, Most shops will have a few there for you to try. Good Luck
Old 01-22-2008, 04:38 PM

Default RE: Buying bow tips needed

15 lb would be ok for playing around and learning, but unfortunately not for hunting. my suggestion to you would be to look at a bow by diamond called the edge. you can get interchangeable limbs to increase or decrease weight from 30-60lbs if i'm not mistaken. start out with the lowest and build muscle and technique and move up when you're ready. I believe that legal limit (at least in my state) is 40lbs draw. just keep working at it and you'll be there in no time.good luck buddy.