Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who is the leader in bow technology right now? >

Who is the leader in bow technology right now?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who is the leader in bow technology right now?

Old 01-20-2008, 09:24 AM

Default RE: Who is the leader in bow technology right now?

IMO the X-Force you shot was out of tune. Neither of my X-Force had any hand shock.

I shot the 82nd about a month ago and I thought I was shooting the HCA Z-Force. Without a smoother draw. Plenty fast, terrible draw cycle.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT
Me neither, Dan....but when I was shooting a mathews....and shot the Allegiance....I saw I could give up NOTHING....and pick up the extra speed as a side-effect.

NO BRAINER.
In the spring of 03 I bought 6 brand new bows to shoot for a month or whatever it took to decide which one I wanted to keep. I bought 2 Hoyts, only1 Mathews (had shot their flagship bows for 6 years, 1 High Country, and 2 Bowtechs. I ended up selling them all within 6 weeks except for a Bowtech, and have shot them ever since. The Speed may have not been a deciding factor, but it sure was an added bonus

I always tell everyone to shoot them all and then decide what's best for you. Bows from Bowtech will sell themselves
I know that from packing a bag target around and a couple of bows. I always love the look I generally get after letting someone shoot my bow

You're Right Jeff! Shooting Bowtech is a No Brainer

Dan
Old 01-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Dominant Buck

IMO the X-Force you shot was out of tune.
Probably not. The one I shot was the PSE Rep's bow.

Different strokes for different folks. Good luck with your PSE's.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

In all honesty. The past 8yrs, it would have to be Bowtech.

BUT!

I honestly think these new Elites are going to be a big hit. All of you guys that are currently shooting Bowtechs, I would love to see you pick up the new GTO and shoot it. You couldn't convince me that the GTO draw cycle, was a draw cycle on a 350fps bow. 350fps, with a 7" Brace Height!! That alone is impresssive. The Xtreme XL they make, is an 8" Brace, 36" ATAand 320-330 ibo [:-]. That's impressive.

I can see Ross strating to take over the single cam market once they get a good solid production year under them. If this year goes smoothly, I could see a big design for next year.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Some of the innovations are the ETI and the teflon coated cams, not to mention the Deliverance "shoot through riser" bow they introduced at the ATA show.
But can it be said that the "shoot through riser" is not innovation? Shoot throughs have come and gone but never really took off.

True it has been around for some time, but you could say the same about cams, or limbs, or whatever. The innovation could be said to lay with how a company can take an existing idea and improve upon it and make it work better. From what I understand from many folks that attended, the ATA show was pretty dull, but this particular bow was the buzz.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sure Alice!!

Dan
Old 01-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

But can it be said that the "shoot through riser" is not innovation? Shoot throughs have come and gone but never really took off.

True it has been around for some time, but you could say the same about cams, or limbs, or whatever. The innovation could be said to lay with how a company can take an existing idea and improve upon it and make it work better. From what I understand from many folks that attended, the ATA show was pretty dull, but this particular bow was the buzz.
But can it do this?

Old 01-20-2008, 09:41 AM

I honestly think these new Elites are going to be a big hit. All of you guys that are currently shooting Bowtechs, I would love to see you pick up the new GTO and shoot it. You couldn't convince me that the GTO draw cycle, was a draw cycle on a 350fps bow. 350fps, with a 7" Brace Height!! That alone is impresssive. The Xtreme XL they make, is an 8" Brace, 36" ATAand 320-330 ibo [:-]. That's impressive.
Matt, the thing is that once you get away from these message boards, the average archer hasn't heard of Elite. They don't have enough dealers yet to be a dominant brand in the market. Their website lists a total of 8 dealers in PA! Not too mention that alot of guys that do stay "in the loop" witnessed what Kevin had done on a public message board and don't really trust him. For a man that designed bows for a certain company to turn around and trash talk everything that he had done just leaves a bad taste in alot of peoples mouths.

As far as the speeds go, yes, they are impressive, but they also aren't anything earth shattering either. The 101st has a 7-1/4" brace height and will spit out 340 f.p.s. The numbers are high, but alot of companies are catching up to those speeds now!
Old 01-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not from all of what I read and pictures I've seen over on another site. The Bowtech booth was packed consistantly while others, crickets played...LOL

I agree, with the bold statement, Bowtech along with a few others continue to do that. I read quite a few highlights from the ATA show, on this site and others from several attendies from across the industry, your mention of said bow is the very first post I've read on that bow. The "buzz" was Bowtechs 08 line and especially the up and coming Octane accessories.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Not from all of what I read and pictures I've seen over on another site. The Bowtech booth was packed consistantly while others, crickets played...LOL

I agree, with the bold statement, Bowtech along with a few others continue to do that. I read quite a few highlights from the ATA show, on this site and others from several attendies from across the industry, your mention of said bow is the very first post I've read on that bow. The "buzz" was Bowtechs 08 line and especially the up and coming Octane accessories.
I'm not saying Bowtech is not innovative, they, in fact, are. I was merely answering the original poster's question with an opinion, and the same to yours. I, however, am just a simple, average guy who is not beholden to a particular company by being on their corporate staff, therefor I would expect you to cheer for your company. It is not without merit either.

Quick Reply: Who is the leader in bow technology right now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.