Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who is the leader in bow technology right now? >

Who is the leader in bow technology right now?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who is the leader in bow technology right now?

Old 01-20-2008, 08:26 AM

Default RE: Who is the leader in bow technology right now?

Speed, to me, isn't a real innovation. Shifting paradigms from what is considered traditional, however, is.

As Arthur mentioned, its going to be difficult for companies to come out with new technology that hasn't been, at some point in history, already been tried. Roller guards, string stops, binary-esque cams, etc... Its all been done at one point or another, so rarely will you find anything truly new and innovative.

My vote goes to Bowtech, a company constantly striving to change the way archers look at archery.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have never shot Bowtech because of the speed. It is one of the factors I always consider when choosing a bow, but definitely not the top of the list. Bowtech has been very inovative since their inception and not to see that is sticking your hand in the sand. I do have an Airborne ordered. For the speed? Sure!! but if after I had shot one it drew and shot like other speed bows I had tried last year. NO Way I would have ordered on!I still have my Ally which is the fastest bow I have ever packed into the woods, and the Guardian, and General are super quiet, less than 0 shock, and the 2 most forgiving/accurate bows I have shot. They are just a true pleasure to shoot!! All this is not even mentioning the absolutely Awesome Octane accessories they are releasing very soon![8D]I also am proud to have a company standing behind my Bow where customer service is Job One

It's not hard to see Who "Refuses to Follow"

Dan
Old 01-20-2008, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

no one has said anything about parker..so i guess i will...not to say they have made the "most" improvements........but they keep the products light...which for a backpack hunter i like....all of there newer products, i feel aremade for more backpack hunters or still hunters....lowering there ATA and keeping their weights down..offering good speed and the parkers i have and shot, IMO, are very nice bows
Old 01-20-2008, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

I buy a lot of used bows here and there to try out for fun, but every 4 or 5 years I replace my main hunting bow with a completely new model. When I do this, I never just impulse buy; in fact I probably go overboard on research since I drive my wife nuts with it. She hates it because our mail gets flooded with catalogs I request from companies, our email gets bogged down with replies to questions I've asked manufactures, I litter our desktop with downloaded spec sheet pdf's and clutter the bookmarks with links to different bows, etc. After really, really looking at all the manufacture's offerings in the last year; not just the cams but the total bow package, ( and I know many may think I'm nuts to say this) but my vote goes to Pearson this year, and as such I've ordered one. Some of the innovations are the ETI and the teflon coated cams, not to mention the Deliverance "shoot through riser" bow they introduced at the ATA show.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: JNTURK

no one has said anything about parker..so i guess i will...not to say they have made the "most" improvements........but they keep the products light...which for a backpack hunter i like....all of there newer products, i feel aremade for more backpack hunters or still hunters....lowering there ATA and keeping their weights down..offering good speed and the parkers i have and shot, IMO, are very nice bows
I have owned a parker in my day
Pro 38, good shooter, but vibrated like a SOB

Take a look at ROSS rise design. They have a true left to right center shot. Sometimes it's what you do not see that matters the most.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:59 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: GMMAT

"PSE has gotten to the speeds at a price. Have you shot one?"

What price would that be?
Old 01-20-2008, 09:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Some of the innovations are the ETI and the teflon coated cams, not to mention the Deliverance "shoot through riser" bow they introduced at the ATA show.
But can it be said that the "shoot through riser" is not innovation? Shoot throughs have come and gone but never really took off.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't see anything else in the 2008 lineup that could even be considered "new" technology...........let alone the leading edge.
With out specifically mentioningany models in the line up here are a few things I have never seen offered on a bow.... All new for 2008.....
[/align]
[/align]InVelvet which isan armor coating much stronger than other finishes. InVelvet not only protects against wear and is resistant to chemicals such as DEET; it's soft and warm to the touch, insulating your hands from the cold. Better still, InVelvet is a noise dampener, significantly quieting your bow.
[/align]
[/align]The HotPursuitheated gripis heated by one nine-volt battery to a warm and nimble 40 - 50 degrees above the ambient temperature for an average of 5 hours. It is water resistant to ensure your hands stay warm, even in the rain.
[/align]
[/align]Laser grip by Crimson Trace. This patent-pending design packs a powerful laser, long-lasting batteries and an ergonomic activation system into a two-piece grip. Easily adjustable for windage and elevation, the laser activates when the bow is drawn, applying pressure to the grip.
[/align]
[/align]Not new for this year but heck, they offer their bows in 8 different finishes..... 8 of em!
[/align]
Old 01-20-2008, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

This question is a no brainer. To say Bowtech is not innvative is like saying you have been sleeping for 4 years. What about 3 generations of Binary cams ? Pivoting risers? Bowtech "is " the state of the art in bows right now.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Dominant Buck

I have never shot Bowtech because of the speed. It is one of the factors I always consider when choosing a bow, but definitely not the top of the list.
Me neither, Dan....but when I was shooting a mathews....and shot the Allegiance....I saw I could give up NOTHING....and pick up the extra speed as a side-effect.

NO BRAINER.

And the PSE (IMO) leaves a lot to be desired. The back wall is very spongey......and the shock I got out of the X-force is NOT what I'm accustomed to. So yeah.....they got to those speeds at a price.

Again....IMO.

Quick Reply: Who is the leader in bow technology right now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.