Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How much do you guys work out a week? >

How much do you guys work out a week?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How much do you guys work out a week?

Old 01-16-2008, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How much do you guys work out a week?

i lift three days a week and play basketball.....but none of its for hunting

Old 01-16-2008, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 2006HighSierra

Just wondering what you guys do a week working out since usually the bowhunters stay in slightly better shape. I try for an hour a day 5 days of the week.
Please explain to me where you got the data, to come up with such a conclusion; that bow hunters stay in slightly better shape? Do you go around feeling hunters? Taking my opinions, which are based on my life experiences out of the equation it would seem that you have it backwards. You see, more gun hunters stay on the ground and move. Most bow hunters sit in trees. How would that equate to the bow hunters being in slightly better shape?
Or were you just trying to stroke some bow hunters?
Old 01-16-2008, 08:31 AM

Old 01-16-2008, 08:56 AM

I've been over weight since I graduated high school(13 yrs ago) I'm the type of guy that has never found a burger or pizza that I didn't love

At 6', my ideal body weight is around 180.... I've floated in the 200-230 range for all those years.....

Lately Im back to jogging 3 days a week, biking 2 days and lifting 3 days.. Finally starting to cut some pounds and down to 213.. Would love to be in the 190 range by next bow season......

And Rick James, you suck! 2 miles in 12 minutes? I consider my 19 minutes "fast"
Old 01-16-2008, 09:10 AM
Typical Buck

I work out 5 days a week. Heavy lifting. I bike as much as I can. I don't shoot bow until June or July. I'm 100% on bowkills so I think my training is fine.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Dominant Buck

I do 12 oz concentration curls once a week, at least 12 reps...

I'm a slug when it comes to working out... wait a minute, slugs work out more than I do... What was the question?
Old 01-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I work out 5 days a week.An hour on a mountain bike 3 to 4 days a week.5 sets of push ups 25 reps each set 3 days a week.I am starting to add other things like jump roping,body weight squats,Walking on a treadmill at max incline for an hour at a time.
Every year it seems like I have to push myself harder just to be where I was.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

That's pretty darn impressive for a smoker, Matt. I know what that means; my best two-mile time was 10:17 (YEARS ago ). Two miles under 12 for a pack-a-day smoker? Wow.
Thanks Greg but if you have ran enough to get to 10:17, you know that there is a HUGE difference between 12 minutes for 2 miles, and 10:17 for 2 miles. You could fit the grand canyon into the discrepancy between those two numbers. I was working my butt off and pushing myself hard for a long time to get to that 12 minutes. Had I not been smoking, I probably would have been at 10 minutes or close to it.

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

And Rick James, you suck! 2 miles in 12 minutes? I consider my 19 minutes "fast"
19 minutes!! You can walk 2 miles in 19 minutes!! [8D]

I'm in just about the same shape you are in now probably DC, I'm 6' even and weigh in at 215-220. When I was in prime shape 4-5 years ago I was a pretty lean 185-190. I'd love to get back down to maybe 195 this summer. I'm not so concerned with getting more muscle than I have now, but I'd really like to shed some fat and get in better cardio shape. My family has a long history of cardiovascular disease on both sides, and I know that now's the time for me to avoid the same problems they have all had. [&:]
Old 01-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

4 days on 3 days off

I do kickboxing 2 times a week also.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Thanks Greg but if you have ran enough to get to 10:17, you know that there is a HUGE difference between 12 minutes for 2 miles, and 10:17 for 2 miles. You could fit the grand canyon into the discrepancy between those two numbers. I was working my butt off and pushing myself hard for a long time to get to that 12 minutes. Had I not been smoking, I probably would have been at 10 minutes or close to it.
That reminds me of high school a few years back. I ran cross country. I had never really ran before my 10th grade year. We just happened to have one of the fastest and hardest working teams that's ever gone through that school. It was nothing for our top 3-4 guys (I was always 3-4[:-]), to do 3-4 one mile repeats all at 5-5:15 marks. I ran my first sub 5 minute mile doing those repeats (ok, it was only like 4:58 but it was UNDER). In the end, I got burnt out. I don't run for covering the most amount of distance in the least time, I like to stretch the time factor out and get a solid plateu where I'm peaking my cardiovascular system.

Btw, the PR on our high school course still stands. 5K course...14:46. Bill Reifsnyder, went on to become a pro marathon runner. I ran the course in 17:20[:-]

Quick Reply: How much do you guys work out a week?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.